5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind Noise - Whistling

bludoberman

Reaction score
Holy crap. My 2019 Ram is now going into her 3 week mark at the local dealership for wind noise/whistling. Any of you have pics of the dealership bills showing the resolution? I've seen a post referencing Star Case # S1923000052 as one of the resolutions to the noise. Curious if that resolved most of your issues. I'm really trying to help the dealership and get my truck back.

reggiejp3

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing on windy days on the highway. Makes me want to drive it into a lake. Dealer can't replicate of course. My dealer sucks at fixing anything.

Tgl211

Reaction score
I dropped mine off this morning for the 3rd time. I told them please dont give it back until the noise is gone. I love the truck but I can't live with the whistling. I believe they are planning to take the dash apart and do something with the HVAC. If this doesnt work I dont know what to do next. Ive only had the truck since December and it has less than 2,000 miles.

jpetro1010

Reaction score
Obviously this isn't a permanent fix but have ya'll tried folding in your mirrors at speed when it does this? I was on a road trip recently, the whistling was driving me nuts. I folded in the mirrors and it seemed to fix it for the time being. As soon as I unfolded the mirrors...whistling came back.

Tgl211

Reaction score
Yes I did try that and the whistling continued unfortunately. I seems to be coming from the center stack area. thanks for the suggestion though.

TML_REBEL

Reaction score
Mine was from the ANC. I bypassed it and have not heard the whistle. Waiting for a really windy day to test

rbnaslt

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing on windy days on the highway. Makes me want to drive it into a lake. Dealer can't replicate of course. My dealer sucks at fixing anything.
Same issue with my 19 Rebel Crew. Windy days only.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Got my truck back from the dealer today and the issue has been fixed, no more whistling wind noise! They added two missing bolts under the dash in the HVAC area and realigned both of the drivers side doors.
That’s good to hear! There have been so many posts about this issue. Glad you got it fixed. Do you know where they went in? Under the dash so I’m assuming that was from the interior of the truck? Just curious as I’m taking mine in next week and it would be awesome to give them a heads up. Sorry I just need to be talked to like I’m 7 when it comes to working on vehicles.

KRField

Reaction score
Got my truck back from the dealer today and the issue has been fixed, no more whistling wind noise! They added two missing bolts under the dash in the HVAC area and realigned both of the drivers side doors.

Do you have the part number for the bolts on the work order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tgl211

Reaction score
I will check the paperwork again but I dont remeber seeing any part number. Only the description that stated missing bolts were installed. This was from the interior, I believe they removed the dash cover. There is a post on the forum regarding the door alignment fix. I gave them that info and they were able to resolve the issue.

MikeofLA

Reaction score
Holy crap. My 2019 Ram is now going into her 3 week mark at the local dealership for wind noise/whistling. Any of you have pics of the dealership bills showing the resolution? I've seen a post referencing Star Case # S1923000052 as one of the resolutions to the noise. Curious if that resolved most of your issues. I'm really trying to help the dealership and get my truck back.
Hey, I just got my 2020 Ram Laramie Night Edition with the sport hood and am experiencing 2 different whistles. One seems to be coming from one of the faux hood vents or some part of the hood while the other only occurs when the cab air recycling comes on... or is it off... not sure. Folding in the mirrors changes nothing. I got the truck on Thursday Feb 28th and on Friday drove it back to the dealer ship. I have an appointment this Friday.

This is the reason I signed up for this forum and while it sucks that this is happening, i'm kind of glad it's not just mine.

Thanks!

bludoberman

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's responses. Truck goes back into dealership today. The whistling is driving me CRAZY (I do alot of highway driving, which doesn't help). Someone posted a screen shot of their dealership receipt (referencing the STAR # an the parts needed to resolve the whistling). I'll showing this to my Service Tech tonight. I've attached the images in case anyone else might need them.

Attachments

• Wind Noise_Star Case 1.png
    Wind Noise_Star Case 1.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 468
  • Wind Noise_Star Case 2.png
    Wind Noise_Star Case 2.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 436

jdginn

Reaction score
Mine started doing it yesterday. Very windy driving into the wind.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
While I love my truck I’ve left it at dealer overnight to check for wind noise from RR door area. Took to another dealer and they did nothing. WTF
Too much money spent for this. My old gen 4 at 7 years old and the 2019 gen 4 classic rental they gave me to drive while in shop is quieter. This is in acceptable. Third visit between 2 dealers. 1st time they install rubber between cab and bed per TSB.
Sound like window is not closed properly.
Also funny noise when I 1st start up cold or after a few hours siting. Again never heard on my old gen 4 nor do I hear on the 2019 Warlock rental.

Journeyman

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if this sound is what you’re hearing? My first time hearing it today, can’t tell if it’s wind or if it’s something else

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No not mind . But you definitely sound like it’s whistling.
Mines is wind noise -They order a new seal for my RR door
Hopefully that fixes it. Sad I had to take to another dealer some 40 + miles away to get it diagnosed. Great truck poor dealer service.

jpj1980

Reaction score
Mine was from the ANC. I bypassed it and have not heard the whistle. Waiting for a really windy day to test
What kind of whistle? Mine sounds high pitched on the highway. Sounds like its coming from behind the dash on the driver side.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mines was wind noise right rear door. They replaced door seal and no issue since.

Users who are viewing this thread