5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind noise is killing me

RodRow

Reaction score
After listening to the sound in the video, I can confirm this matches my case mentioned above where the added seal up the front top edge of the door beside the A-frame dramatically reduced the occurrences for me. I only have it at high speed against a crazy strong headwind now.
I did this on both of my rams and have no noise like this now.

dannymcd

Reaction score
Just to make sure it's the mirror and not the door trim drive with the mirrors folded in, if it's the mirrors it should go away, if it doesn't try putting some tire shine on the door trim rubber and see if that changes or gets rid of the noise, the silicone will interfere with the rubbers ability to vibrate. I haven't had that issue on my ram but I have had it on my Tundra, and it was air on the door seal.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
As noted, that is the A-pillar making the noise suggesting the door is ever so-slightly out of alignment. The body tech should be able to adjust the door so the weather strip makes more contact at the top to eliminate the noise without additional weather stripping added.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Sometimes, but depending on if we are getting a cross wind and usually at around 80. I've pretty much fixed it by staying at 78 or below.

Hungry155

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this issue? when driving 80+ or into a strong headwind there's a loud whistling noise that sounds like it's coming from the mirrors. I just left the dealer after replacing both mirrors and the noise is still there. I have the power-folding mirrors.

I have the exact sound coming out of somewhere and I have no idea !!! Man this drives me crazy . Di you happen to solve the problem ????

Choate

Reaction score
I get a high pitched whistle from what to me sounds like my mirror but only can be heard when the windows are down and it comes and goes. That noise the OP has makes me think of the movie dumb and dumber. You wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get a high pitched whistle from what to me sounds like my mirror but only can be heard when the windows are down and it comes and goes. That noise the OP has makes me think of the movie dumb and dumber. You wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '19 Cherokee does the same thing. When the wind is right, a whistle sound from between the A-pillar and mirror housing.

techno96

Reaction score
I had the whistle-type noise at high speeds and especially into headwinds. I ultimately figured out that it was the seal between the door and the truck down the A-Frame next to the windshield. I bought a cheap roll of automotive rubber weatherstripping from Home Depot and ran it down both doors behind the existing rubber door seals and it resolved it completely (except for extreme headwind conditions).

My conclusion was that the mirrors catch so much air, that it pulls the on the front of the door seal (between the fender and the roof) just enough to let air slip by and create the annoying sound.

Give it a try…it could save your sanity. :)
Any chance you can post a photo of what you did?

Coyote66

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this issue? when driving 80+ or into a strong headwind there's a loud whistling noise that sounds like it's coming from the mirrors. I just left the dealer after replacing both mirrors and the noise is still there. I have the power-folding mirrors.

its the door seal that contacts the quarter panel seal on top by the mirrors and also the leading edge of the doors by front curve of the windows, poor door seal design. i took 1/8 inch wide by 3/16 thick window stick on seal and filled in the whole leading edge of doors to top of windows and solved the problem. 30mph crosswinds in both directions at speed to 107 and no whistling tea pot anymore.

Coyote66

Reaction score

Coyote66

Reaction score
look at your door seal from the outside with the door closed, mine has a open hole right in front of mirrors on both sides and open gaps on the leading edge of the front doors when there closed, how can wind not get in there, the door seal in not one piece like every other vehicle i have ever had before, its the worst design ive seen for a door seal. mine is a 2018 build 2019 and i just looked at the door seals on the newest ones on the dealer lot and there still made the same way. service manager going to check into what to do, i had the cab to box seal missing( not installed on assembly line from factory) and was basically told to pack sand, missing parts from assembly line are not there problem to address, missing parts are not under warranty i guess, all i can say is good luck with ram customer care your on your own

Hungry155

Reaction score
its the door seal that contacts the quarter panel seal on top by the mirrors and also the leading edge of the doors by front curve of the windows, poor door seal design. i took 1/8 inch wide by 3/16 thick window stick on seal and filled in the whole leading edge of doors to top of windows and solved the problem. 30mph crosswinds in both directions at speed to 107 and no whistling tea pot anymore.

I'm sorry to bother but can you please show me some pictures ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online