5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind noise and recirculation

Cookieman8

Reaction score
So I've been through the forums and have not found a solid answer. I am also one of the unlucky ones to get that odd and annoying "wind noise" inside my cab starting around 20mph and up. If I got the recirc for the A/C it goes away (basically if recirc is OFF, the noise goes away, but if it's ON the sound is as annoying as scratching chalkboards.) Also, if I turn the entire system off the noise will appear again. Seems to be a BIG issue among others as well. I've read many horror stories of dealers not fixing the issue so I'm looking for some help from anyone that's resolved or still encountering this annoyance.

Fidomac

Reaction score
So I've been through the forums and have not found a solid answer. I am also one of the unlucky ones to get that odd and annoying "wind noise" inside my cab starting around 20mph and up. If I got the recirc for the A/C it goes away (basically if recirc is OFF, the noise goes away, but if it's ON the sound is as annoying as scratching chalkboards.) Also, if I turn the entire system off the noise will appear again. Seems to be a BIG issue among others as well. I've read many horror stories of dealers not fixing the issue so I'm looking for some help from anyone that's resolved or still encountering this annoyance.
Somewhere on here I've seen a post by guy who completely disassembled his backseat, took the trim panels off and had his wife drive him around while manipulating the air conditioner controls to make the rear cabin vents open or close.... He believed the culprit was the rear cabin vents/recirculate function

Jennitran

Reaction score
Visit Autoguysland to review more issues of overcharged AC system.
Try to check Recirculate Door and Actuator.

Alex2014

Reaction score
Verify a/c problem in the forums. We need more people
i have the same issue, search in the forum a/c problem to see all the people with the same problem. Please run the voice, we need to reclaim FCA about this problem, technicians don’t find nothing or have a response.

Users who are viewing this thread