5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind behind dash

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ram 1500 limited night edition. After 14 days of ownership (700miles) I brought my truck to service for wind behind the dash. It’s been in the shop for 37 days now.

When you put your hand over the passenger speaker on the dashboard, you can feel the wind pouring in between the dash and window. You can also hear it swooshing around behind the dashboard.

The dealer can’t figure out what it is. I just want my truck fixed so I can have it back. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I hate that I made my first payment already and I haven’t had the truck in my possession.

B.R.67

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ram 1500 limited night edition. After 14 days of ownership (700miles) I brought my truck to service for wind behind the dash. It’s been in the shop for 37 days now.

When you put your hand over the passenger speaker on the dashboard, you can feel the wind pouring in between the dash and window. You can also hear it swooshing around behind the dashboard.

The dealer can’t figure out what it is. I just want my truck fixed so I can have it back. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I hate that I made my first payment already and I haven’t had the truck in my possession.
Read the 2022 Ram 1500 Wind Noise thread on page 2 of this forum. It may help you out. A few of us have wind noise in the same area on our 2022 Ram

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

where are you located? Some states say that you are eligible for lemon law if the vehicle is out of service for 30 days. If it has been 37 days with no answer in site, I would consider getting the truck lemon lawed

Reaction score
where are you located? Some states say that you are eligible for lemon law if the vehicle is out of service for 30 days. If it has been 37 days with no answer in site, I would consider getting the truck lemon lawed
I’m in NY

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m in NY
straight from the New York lemon law website "

How does a car qualify for Lemon Law?​

Not necessarily. If your car is in the shop 30 days or more within the 18,000 miles/24 month period, consecutive or not, we can file a claim under the NY Lemon Law.

Likewise, if you are experiencing paint problems, the same kind of problem (electrical, water leak in the back versus water leak in the front, front brakes and then back brakes and then front brakes again), or if it is a significant problem that has occurred twice, we welcome you to submit your information for our consideration. We handle each case separately and we have made exceptions in the past.

According to this, you qualify for lemon law. Look into it. I would unless getting another truck is either a long wait or other issue. If it is a truck that is on the lot, definitely do it.

tat2dwiseguy

Reaction score
i just saw someone post a star report for this in another thread.
i had a similar noise when new last month but it seemed to go away when i installed my Vent visors... maybe.

Hank78

Reaction score
Whats the result? Did you figure it out? Mine just started doing the same thing....between 50 and 70mph it sounds like a winding noise from behind the instrument panel...

I have 1500 miles on my truck less than a month old.

Users who are viewing this thread