5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Window tint affect Warranty?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, good for you Darksteel!

My comments about window tint affecting cellular signals can be proven by doing a Google search. If you use apps stored on your phone that don't use cellular signal, then of course, there's no issue. Why are you trying to be so argumentative? If you have nothing of value to add, then stop replying with your stupid comments.
Dude, the OP asked about tint affecting warranty, not cell phone coverage. You just are putting in bogus that doesn't even hold water
I can see another warranty issue that won't be covered is signal issues with your phone. If you use the wrong tint, it can block cellular signals from entering the vehicle. I can see where someone doing this would take the vehicle in for warranty because Android Auto/Carplay/Bluetooth might not be working properly.
Ram is not helping you with "warranty issues with signal issues on your phone" I don't care what tint you do or don't have on your truck.
Or were you referring to warranty with the manufacture of the cell phone in question?
Sorry I just don't see how that helps OP

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Again, you're being an *** with your responses.

Somebody might complain that their radio isn't working well when streaming from their phone. If the tint is blocking the signal, the person might think there's a radio issue and take it in for warranty repair. My responses hold more water then your stupidity.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about we agree to disagree on this and you stop posting, calling me out for not being helpful. Your responses have not been helpful to the OP, just argumentative towards me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, good for you Darksteel!

My comments about window tint affecting cellular signals can be proven by doing a Google search. If you use apps stored on your phone that don't use cellular signal, then of course, there's no issue. Why are you trying to be so argumentative? If you have nothing of value to add, then stop replying with your stupid comments.
I don't think anyone is saying tint film won't effect cellular signal, but I would think most people would realize it's a cellular signal issue and not the connection between phone and vehicle. Especially since most owners are connecting with USB since wireless didn't come until current model year.

If someone is ignorant enough to take their truck in for warranty service due to cellular signal, they deserve the diagnostic charge they will get since it wouldn't be covered under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread