5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will We See A “DT” Based Ram Regular Cab? 6’4 RamBox?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
longhornrambox.jpg

We Tackle Some Of The Most Asked Questions About The Ram 1500...

https://5thgenrams.com/will-we-see-a-regular-cab-5thgen-or-the-64-ram-box/

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well thank you kindly for keeping us up to date with this information...

Phoon

Reaction score
Its a real disappointment that no one seems to sell reg cab short box trucks anymore. They are a blast to drive, look great and are fast due to the reduced weight. I noticed that Chevy is making regular cab trailboss trucks for the middle east, but not north america. This seems like a missed opportunity as sporty trucks are a good way to attract younger buyers.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you Jared and company, it's good to hear of these updates, even if there is still a bit of guesswork in them.

It's too bad that Ram didn't make it clear from the get-go that the 2019 DT 1500s would not have Ram Box available with the 6'4" bed...they HAD to know from the start, or soon after the introduction at worst.

I now have to decide if I'll give up my preferred 6'4" bed for the 5'7" model in order to get the Ram Boxes, or if I'll stick with the 6'4" bed and maybe go with an aftermarket solution like the Decked.com storage drawers. I won't be doing any 5th-wheel towing, so I could conceivably use the Decked.com solution, if I'm willing to give up the bed depth. One thing that might be really sweet is the upcoming Ram Multifunction Tailgate in combination with the Decked.com drawers - super easy access to those huge roll-out storage drawers.

Thanks again to Jared and the others at 5GR that did the sleuthing to bring us up to date.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always said if GM would sell a ls9 truck, or I guess LT4 now, In RCSB as like a modern day SS it would do really well. I will pre order it tonight.

Ford did that tremor thing but it sucked from the beginning. No one wants that. Second gen Lightning was a huge success for Ford, in fact their whole SVT Line did pretty well, but yet they have basically done away with it. Now they waste time and assets building some stupid brodozer truck that is useless for 99% of the population.

Ram did the viper trucks back in the day, they were popular for a bit. I think a hellcat RCSB would do pretty well too, I’d be interested in this as well.

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People just don't buy many regular cabs anymore. I had a 1995 Dodge Ram Regular cab with the 5.9 in college and I loved that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread