5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this wheel will work?

Bink

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2020 Ram Laramie Sport that came with the premium paint/polished 20" wheels. I want black wheels, and even though it says they are Chevrolet wheels, the website says they will fit and I like the look of them. With that said, being they are Chevrolet wheels, can someone check out the specs and tell me whether or not they actually will work? Also, with an offset of +27, will these stick out a lot further than my stock wheels (I really want to keep the look as factory as possible)? Really appreciate the help!

wheel

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2020 Ram Laramie Sport that came with the premium paint/polished 20" wheels. I want black wheels, and even though it says they are Chevrolet wheels, the website says they will fit and I like the look of them. With that said, being they are Chevrolet wheels, can someone check out the specs and tell me whether or not they actually will work? Also, with an offset of +27, will these stick out a lot further than my stock wheels (I really want to keep the look as factory as possible)? Really appreciate the help!

wheel
Ram converted to the chevy 6 bolt wheels on the 5th gens so yes they will fit if they are chevy 6 bolt, and +27 will sit tucked in more than the factory Ram wheels... I believe the factory Ram wheels are +19.... -24 would be an example of a wheel that would poke out instead of being tucked in like a +24... If those wheels really are a +27 I would be more concerned about them hitting your brake components and not giving enough clearance. Maybe someone else can comment on that, I'm not sure how much room we have to play with when it comes to wheels with less of an offset on these 5th gens

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bink

Reaction score
Ram converted to the chevy 6 bolt wheels on the 5th gens so yes they will fit if they are chevy 6 bolt, and +27 will sit tucked in more than the factory Ram wheels... I believe the factory Ram wheels are +19.... -24 would be an example of a wheel that would poke out instead of being tucked in like a +24... If those wheels really are a +27 I would be more concerned about them hitting your brake components and not giving enough clearance. Maybe someone else can comment on that, I'm not sure how much room we have to play with when it comes to wheels with less of an offset on these 5th gens

Thanks, I appreciate your help! Definitely don’t want to go that route if there is going to be an issue with rubbing.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate your help! Definitely don’t want to go that route if there is going to be an issue with rubbing.
Yeah no problem... Hopefully someone else chimes in on that. I'm pretty positive the factory wheels are +19 so like I mentioned idk how much more room there is between the factory ram wheels and brake but going from a +19 to a +27 would mean your wheel is sitting closer to the hub

Ben2020

Reaction score
On my factory 20's, I believe there's approximately 1-1.25" of clearance between the back of the spokes and calipers at the widest point on the caliper. I don't think there would be an issue there, but it would push the wheel ~.32" further under your truck. I don't think the difference would be noticable to anyone but you. Hope that helps.

Ben

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210220-174246_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174246_Chrome.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 29

Bink

Reaction score
On my factory 20's, I believe there's approximately 1-1.25" of clearance between the back of the spokes and calipers at the widest point on the caliper. I don't think there would be an issue there, but it would push the wheel ~.32" further under your truck. I don't think the difference would be noticable to anyone but you. Hope that helps.

Ben
Thanks Ben! I didn’t realize that offset would bring the wheels further in...has me second guessing this wheel. I don’t want a wheel that sticks out (just not my style) but I also don’t want on that is sucked in, especially on a truck.

Ben2020

Reaction score
No worries. Negative offset will push out the wheels, and positive offset will push them in. My 20's with +19 are near flush... something like a 20x10 at -12 will push them out a total of 31mm, the more negative the offset the more aggressive the stance. A chevy 20" at +27 will push them further in +8 mm more than they currently are. The catch on offset is there is a point where negative offset will cause a rub on the wheel liner, and possibly body in extreme cases. Too much positive offset will cause a rub on calipers and/or control arms. For instance, a stock 1500 can't run a 22x16 -106 offset because it will hit the fender...a 20x12 on a near stock tire should be fine with no rub. However, for me a 20x14 -76 is the gray area...I haven't measured that up yet...if you are into the super aggressive stance, anything will fit...it just depends on how much you are comfortable cutting.

Ben

Ben2020

Reaction score
The 06 silverado I upgraded from had 22x16's. There was a lot of work to fit them in with no rub, but it can be done. Wider tires also have a higher rolling resistance which will affect fuel mileage, but it's not too bad. As for suspension component wear, I didn't have extraordinary wear outside of broken parts from excessive abuse off-road.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread