5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the H.O. Hurricane be the engine for the 2500 redesign?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if the new 2500 comes with a 3.0 liter engine of any variant, Hurricane S.O/H.O or otherwise. I feel like the Hurricane would give up the ghost earlier than a 6.4 Hemi or a 6.7 Cummins. Unless they're planning on unleashing a larger I6 turbo, maybe a 4.0-5.0 Liter, let's call it the Tornado! I'd drive a 2500 Tornado!

Edit: My apologies in advanced if I missed some announcement that the Hurricane IS the new 2500 engine.

Cummins has a 6.7L gas engine that's been rumored as a contender but I personally don't see it being used in the RAM HD.

Tornado! I like it!

Maybe have an Oklahoma Special Launch Edition.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Cummins has a 6.7L gas engine that's been rumored as a contender but I personally don't see it being used in the RAM HD.

Tornado! I like it!

Maybe have an Oklahoma Special Launch
I’d love to see a Cummins gasser in an HD truck, I will keep pipe dreaming! I assume it shares a lot of architecture with the 6BT? All of my experience with Kubota engines makes me think that that sort of modularity in design is the way to go.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d love to see a Cummins gasser in an HD truck, I will keep pipe dreaming! I assume it shares a lot of architecture with the 6BT? All of my experience with Kubota engines makes me think that that sort of modularity in design is the way to go.

Shared with the 5.9L 6BT LPG? More likely based off the ISB6.7-G (LPG).

ISB is the current 6.7L platform in RAM HD.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://mart.cummins.com/imagelibrary/data/assetfiles/0072230.pdf

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Shared with the 5.9L 6BT LPG? More likely based off the ISB6.7-G (LPG).

ISB is the current 6.7L platform in RAM HD.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://mart.cummins.com/imagelibrary/data/assetfiles/0072230.pdf
Yes, my apologies. I meant the current 6.7 diesel. My brain is yearning for the simpler times 😂

Users who are viewing this thread