5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hellwig help roll from front leveling kit?

Nels

Reaction score
Hi all, I had the dealer install a 2" Readylift leveling kit a week after taking delivery. That was a year and a half and 25,000 miles ago. Everything is still running and working great, but I feel like the truck has more body roll than it did before the leveling kit. In my mind that's because I've raised the center of gravity? What might be some ways to reduce it? Would a stronger sway bar in the rear help with body roll caused by raising the front? Would stiffer shocks in the front help, without ruining the smooth ride?

Shine006

Reaction score
It helped mine after my RC 3.5” lift. Currently on the middle setting no that made a huge difference.

Av1

Reaction score
It made a very noticeable difference in body roll for me. You won't be disappointed. It's a great addition.

Nels

Reaction score
It made a very noticeable difference in body roll for me. You won't be disappointed. It's a great addition.
Do you have any kind of lift or level in your truck?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the ReadyLift 2" kit on my truck and it seems like it corners better than stock because the front suspension is a little stiffer. It's been a while since I've driven a stock Laramie, so I might be wrong. It's hard to tell unless you drive two trucks back to back.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the ReadyLift 2" kit on my truck and it seems like it corners better than stock because the front suspension is a little stiffer. It's been a while since I've driven a stock Laramie, so I might be wrong. It's hard to tell unless you drive two trucks back to back.
I have the ReadyLift 1.5 (for air sus) and I can feel the truck lean into the turns just a tiny bit more than it did before the lift (which I actually like...the wife...not so much lol). But the thing the Hellwig was doing best before, it still does; prevents that bed/body snap-back coming OUT of the turn. So overall, still feels great.

Nels

Reaction score
I have the ReadyLift 1.5 (for air sus) and I can feel the truck lean into the turns just a tiny bit more than it did before the lift (which I actually like...the wife...not so much lol). But the thing the Hellwig was doing best before, it still does; prevents that bed/body snap-back coming OUT of the turn. So overall, still feels great.
This snap back out of the turn might be what I'm disliking. But also the side to side rocking motion when moving slow into a driveway or other bumps or holes. Driving slowly, if I turn the steering wheel back and forth the front of truck is quick to respond with a rocking motion. Just feels like it dives more than I'd like it to.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This snap back out of the turn might be what I'm disliking. But also the side to side rocking motion when moving slow into a driveway or other bumps or holes. Driving slowly, if I turn the steering wheel back and forth the front of truck is quick to respond with a rocking motion. Just feels like it dives more than I'd like it to.
Yeah, just get the Hellwig. Super easy to put on (I'm like 5% mechanically inclined and I was able to do it 😅).

Start on the middle setting, move it to the tightest if that's not quite doing it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread