5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 285/75r18 fit with a 2in leveling kit

jdog002

Reaction score
Hey I'm torn between going with 285/75r18 which I'd love to run or 285/70r18 to be safe on fitment. I have a 2021 ram 1500 with a 2 Inch leveling kit on the front and just wondering if anyone knows for sure what will fit.
Thankyou!

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's stock offset wheels I thin it will work with a true 2" level. Might have to do some molding/trimming of mud flaps etc. as applicable, perhaps slight rub at odd angles offroad but most definitely doable for over the road driving.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I ran for a year on Bilstein 5100's before I switched to 35's. They will fit just fine.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
That's what I ran for a year on Bilstein 5100's before I switched to 35's. They will fit just fine.
can check my post if possible. but want to do a bilstein 6112/5100 level set with 2.2 level setting. then want to keep my stock rims (20x9) and slap on 285/65/20 Toyo OC AT3. is that possible with stock rim? and also will i need UCAs for that set up with those tires?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can check my post if possible. but want to do a bilstein 6112/5100 level set with 2.2 level setting. then want to keep my stock rims (20x9) and slap on 285/65/20 Toyo OC AT3. is that possible with stock rim? and also will i need UCAs for that set up with those tires?
That will work fine. Yes you should do UCA's.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
That will work fine. Yes you should do UCA's.
ok thank you! i will get UCAs as well then, any brand recommendations for those? also do you think that this is a good set up for what im looking for? definitely wanted to go with a strut/coil/shock level over a spacer or puck level any day from what ive read but good choice? (if you were able to look at my post) and last question is with the Bilstein level kit, and thoughts size tires on stock rims... will there be any rub you think? or will i unfortunately have to do wheel spacers for the offset? (which i heard is terrible to do.)

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 6112's are 2 steps up from pucks. They are a very fine setup. Bilstein uses a digressive valve system which is great for hauling and towing as well as offroading. You'd be making a good choice. BDS is the best lift but their other components are mediocre. Their UCA's are the same price as Camburg and Icon. The 285 75 20 is a perfect setup. You will not rub. If you are not doing the work yourself I can recommend Dependable Off Road in Anaheim if you are local enough for that.

Last edited:

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
sweet this is all good news to hear i really appreciate it! i will look up the store you recommended and if needed ill drive back home (moreno valley, i live in AZ but visit family sometimes, was there this weekend ironically). i got quotes from Lift Trucks, 4 Wheel Parts AND the dealership, surprisingly the dealership had the best quote which is pretty crazy to me! for the 2 Icon UCAs, 4 Toyo OC AT3 tires, and the 6112 front strut and spring assembly and the 5100 rear shocks for a level.... lifted trucks was 5k, 4 wheel part was 4,900 and the dealership was 4,700. my god its expensive as hell. lol

c_bass16

Reaction score
1.5" Level
287/75R18 Duratrac
American Racing wheels but I don't remember the offset. This was my old 2019 Bighorn.
Only time they ever touched on a full crack of the steering wheel is when it was below zero and the springs are cold.

Attachments

• Ram1.jpg
    Ram1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread