5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 285/70/18 with 18x9 -12 fit??

derichio02

Reaction score
Hey All,

Recently bought a 2023 Bighorn and will be lifting with the RC 3.5 inch kit with coilovers. I purchased wheels and tires but just realized they sent 285/70/18 rather than 285/65/18 I requested. My wheels are Method NV305 18x9 -12 offset.

Will my setup work without rubbing? I do see some folks running larger tires, even with less lift, but is the -12 gonna hinder them useless without major trimming, maybe even metal, or rubbing.

Any guidance here is appreciated

derichio02

Reaction score
This is a dumb question sorry. Just reread my sig and realized they are the same offset as the wheels on my 2021 where I have 35’s with just the Mopar 2” lift lol.

mrclortho

Reaction score
18x9 -12 is the perfect offset and size, but ensure the 18" wheels fit. Not all of them do.

These are Method 305s in that exact size with 325/65-18 on 3.5" of lift, so your 285s will easily fit.

ram07.jpg

derichio02

Reaction score
18x9 -12 is the perfect offset and size, but ensure the 18" wheels fit. Not all of them do.

These are Method 305s in that exact size with 325/65-18 on 3.5" of lift, so your 285s will easily fit.

View attachment 165622
Did you have to do any trimming? I get a little rub in the rear and front at times. I'm thinking to just heat up and move the fender liner a bit.

mrclortho

Reaction score
Did you have to do any trimming? I get a little rub in the rear and front at times. I'm thinking to just heat up and move the fender liner a bit.

Yes, a little. I trimmed the plastic in the front corners of the fender wells and hammered back the metal tab there but not more than maybe 3" or so. I get a tiny rub still but another inch of trimming and it should be good. I did not have to hammer down the pinch weld but probably will at some point and hit is with some paint.

mrclortho

Reaction score
Now that is a massive bumper. If you smash a deer at 55 will that stay intact or just cave the entire front end in?

It should take it intact and why I installed it. In my experience, an add-on grill guard is often a 'damage multiplier' for a high speed deer strike.

I am from the Texas hill country and if you haven't hit a deer in a few years, statistics are not on your side. I have plowed 3 white tails and had at least three very near misses. I also tow a TT often and emergency stopping for a deer becomes problematic. I haven't hit one yet with this truck, but is it probably a matter of time.

Now a cow, moose or elk? Well...

Users who are viewing this thread