5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 2023 Models Be 5th or 6th Gen

Kenny4

Reaction score
Are 2022 models included in 5th gen? And what usually transpires for the advent of a new gen. Thanks

Kenny4

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are 2022 models included in 5th gen? And what usually transpires for the advent of a new gen. Thanks

Kenny4

We are a few years away from 6th gen. We are only just getting the 5th gen mid-cycle refresh for the 2024 model year, which will include revised front and rear facias, probably some wheels/tires, some interior and likely the introduction of the Hurricane I6TT and EVs.

The 6th gen will likely come out 3-4 years after that, which will be considered all-new or redesigned. Estimate around 2028 year and likely mostly EV, at least in the 1500 size.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Well considering the 4th gens started in 09 up to present day I'd say the 6th gen is still a few years away.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been digging for months trying to find any info on 6th gens, and the BEV has taken front seat on Stellantis press releases. Looks like we’ll still be on 5th gens until (at least) 2024. Personally, I think it will be 2025.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve been digging for months trying to find any info on 6th gens, and the BEV has taken front seat on Stellantis press releases. Looks like we’ll still be on 5th gens until (at least) 2024. Personally, I think it will be 2025.

Well beyond that, the 2024 model year is the 5th gen Mid-Cycle refresh. There will likely be 3 more 5th gen years after that before they move to the 6th gen.

The mid-cycle refresh was delayed a year or two due to Covid, I don't expect 4 model years after 2024, but likely 3 or so more years.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well beyond that, the 2024 model year is the 5th gen Mid-Cycle refresh. There will likely be 3 more 5th gen years after that before they move to the 6th gen.

The mid-cycle refresh was delayed a year or two due to Covid, I don't expect 4 model years after 2024, but likely 3 or so more years.
Interesting, and makes sense considering the 4th gen run before adding the 5th gen. I wonder how I got it in my head about the redesign date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online