5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 2019 ram lock doors when I walk away with the dongle?

Bluedog

Reaction score
My wife’s Mazda does this and I like it. I’ve gone through the options and the manual and see no mention of it. Thanks!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Along the same lines does anyone know if you can lock the fob inside the truck and use the app to unlock them. I do that with my Avalanche and it's great to not have to carry your keys. Could even lock them in the RAM boxes it's just a matter of will the truck detect the fob and automatically unlock the doors. Has anyone been able to do this. I guess I could go outside and try it but I'm at work and find myself on here throughout the day for fun. Lol

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Along the same lines does anyone know if you can lock the fob inside the truck and use the app to unlock them. I do that with my Avalanche and it's great to not have to carry your keys. Could even lock them in the RAM boxes it's just a matter of will the truck detect the fob and automatically unlock the doors. Has anyone been able to do this. I guess I could go outside and try it but I'm at work and find myself on here throughout the day for fun. Lol

No you cannot, without putting it in a Faraday bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedgeajt

Reaction score
I was at a 5k this morning and tried to just take the key and lock the fob in the truck. No luck. Kept unlocking the doors on me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/