5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 17s clear the calipers?

DAWNHAMMER

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of a fat sidewall. Was going to go with 17s but in looking at the brakes I don't know if they'll accommodate a 17. Has anyone tried it?

KRField

Reaction score
This news really harshed my vibe, man.

Mine too. I love 18’s with 35’s. My stock wheels have scoring in the barrels from rocks (?) getting caught. That negates me looking at aftermarket 18’s. In the unfortunate event you’ve bend a wheel I’m not sure that will play out too well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAWNHAMMER

Reaction score
Mine too. I love 18’s with 35’s. My stock wheels have scoring in the barrels from rocks (?) getting caught. That negates me looking at aftermarket 18’s. In the unfortunate event you’ve bend a wheel I’m not sure that will play out too well.

I’m doing 37s so they’ll still have massive side walls with 18s. I just really like the Tonka Truck look lol. And it really limits my selection of beadlock wheels as most of them are 17 and smaller.

Downytide

Reaction score
It's possible but you will need to go the custom route, the rotors are 378mm front and 375mm rear, they are actually really beefy.

You will also probably need to go very negative offset, like -20 so the slope of the barrels will clear the calipers, which brings another set of issue of tires rubbing the liners.

I'm still trying to calculate fitting 35s with 17" wheels on the truck, I also want to upgrade to bigger calipers down the road.

KRField

Reaction score
And it really limits my selection of beadlock wheels as most of them are 17 and smaller.

Mopar has an 18 functional beadlock wheel available. Tad pricey and IMHO nothing spectacular other than beadlock capable.

DAWNHAMMER

Reaction score
Mopar has an 18 functional beadlock wheel available. Tad pricey and IMHO nothing spectacular other than beadlock capable.

Not sure how I wasn’t aware of this. Link?

KRField

Reaction score
Not sure how I wasn’t aware of this. Link?

Here is the wheel

And the beadlock kit

DAWNHAMMER

Reaction score
Here is the wheel

And the beadlock kit

Thank you for doing my due diligence for me!

Users who are viewing this thread