5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wife got hit hoping no paint damage behind bumper . maybe just a new bumper . only 1500 miles ,****y Monday

greatone99

Reaction score
What happened and who was listed at fault ?
she has whiplash ,her head hit the steering wheel as well . the lady claims she did not see her ,my wife said how do u miss a huge truck

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dang I’m really sorry to hear this, and hope that she is taken care real soon.

Viper67

Reaction score
Tell her to start wearing a seatbelt. Head shouldn’t make contact with the steering wheel if properly strapped in. Glad she is ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrMopar

Reaction score
Hopefully it just bent bumper brackets...glad your Wife isn't worse off.
Easy fix maybe

greatone99

Reaction score
Tell her to start wearing a seatbelt. Head shouldn’t make contact with the steering wheel if properly strapped in. Glad she is ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
She had it on , seatbelt never locked up

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
she has whiplash ,her head hit the steering wheel as well . the lady claims she did not see her ,my wife said how do u miss a huge truck

A huge WHITE truck to boot. I hope your wife recovers quickly. The damage doesn't look very bad from the pictures, a good sign that these trucks will hold up from impact. I would concur with other posters about letting FCA know that the seatbelt didn't tension.

AndreiV

Reaction score
Most of the impact force was absorbed by the hitch and as a result translated in whiplash and most likely why sitbelt did not lock up.
Best wishes to your wife.
Definitely a superbumper would help in this situation, but unfortunately it is not very friendly with rear sensors if equipped.

Attachments

• 0301191519.jpg
    0301191519.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 0301191724.jpg
    0301191724.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Most likely the entire rear hitch assembly will be replaced , it’s a insurance thing. Happened to me in a 150.

Hope your wife recovers soon

greatone99

Reaction score
Most likely the entire rear hitch assembly will be replaced , it’s a insurance thing. Happened to me in a 150.

Hope your wife recovers soon
yea I guess the right quarter got slightly pushed into the tailgate .look at the gap in the photo its tighter that need to be pulled out ,and there r 2 Knicks at the top of the tailgate on the right side on the inside portion ,they want to paint the whole tailgate ,I may tell them to spot fix that ,to me more problems painting a whole tailgate , needs new bumper and tow hitch .

krakenatwork

Reaction score
Most of the impact force was absorbed by the hitch and as a result translated in whiplash and most likely why sitbelt did not lock up.
Best wishes to your wife.
Definitely a superbumper would help in this situation, but unfortunately it is not very friendly with rear sensors if equipped.
You just reminded me of a railroad fan who did something similar...

Carroljb

Reaction score
I always tell people when in an accident that doesn’t look “bad” to make sure to get it fixed right. It’s easy to repair aesthetically but seals, sensors and electrical will eventually pay the price from damage. Especially with modern cars.

Users who are viewing this thread