5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widest tire on stock Rebel...

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, I know there are a million and one tire threads, but they all seem to be about diameter.

I'm just curious what's the widest 33 anyone is able to fit with stock wheels, no spacers? I can't really get a finger between the tire and upper control arms. If this is out there somewhere, sorry. Point me there?

I'm wanting to make changes, but don't want to hold much taller. The truck just barely fits in my garage now with my tent.

I have considered 18x9's with 0 or -12, and roughly 34x11.50's, but would probably need to at least level. So, thought maybe just some wider tires, and spend my money elsewhere. I won't be doing any serious off roading in this truck.

JOzzz

Reaction score
I’m running Falken Wildpeak AT3’s 34x11.50 with stock height and no spacers without rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really. That's good to hear. My buddy is about to replace the 295/70/18's on his 2500. I'm tempted to mount one on my truck just to see.

Do you have any pix. I like those AT3's.

Last edited:

macaw6

Reaction score
I just bought A set of new trx take off wheels for $600. Same offset as My stock wheels but 9" wide instead of 8". After some research I found that the BFG AT KO2 in 305/65/18 are only half of an inch taller than the factory 275/70/18 Goodyear Duratech but are 12.2" wide. These will fit the truck with no other modifications. Factory tires were 33.4" inch tall and 11" wide BFG is 33.5" tall and 12.2" wide. BFG also has A 34/12.50/18 that is 33.5" tall and 12.50" wide but that would be very close to rubbing the upper control arm. I don't think the $70 difference in price and the need to use A small spacer is worth it for the extra .3 width. I am going to go with the 305s Myself and keep everything under the fenders rather than sling crap up on the side of the truck. EDIT: After mounting A used 305 to check clearance I have decided to go with A 285/65/18 K02, (3/8" shorter than factory and about 5/8" wider). Just getting the junk factory Duratech off and putting on K02s should make A big difference in handling, especially on wet pavement. Before somebody starts talking about how good the duratech is, the ram oem duratech use A different rubber compound and is not near the tire as aftermarket. Either way I still do not like the duratech or any other goodyear tire for that matter.

Last edited:

Stupifast357

Reaction score
Sorry, I know there are a million and one tire threads, but they all seem to be about diameter.

I'm just curious what's the widest 33 anyone is able to fit with stock wheels, no spacers? I can't really get a finger between the tire and upper control arms. If this is out there somewhere, sorry. Point me there?

I'm wanting to make changes, but don't want to hold much taller. The truck just barely fits in my garage now with my tent.

I have considered 18x9's with 0 or -12, and roughly 34x11.50's, but would probably need to at least level. So, thought maybe just some wider tires, and spend my money elsewhere. I won't be doing any serious off roading in this truck.
I am running Moto metal 20" wheels 19MM offset and BFG KO2 33x12.5 no rub stock suspension same overall ride height as factory

Users who are viewing this thread