5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WI-FI HOTSPOT

Maccam

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with connecting wi-fi hotspot.
activated wifi,im connected with no internet,AT&T cant figure it out.
any suggestions???

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can't even get anything to connect to the Wi-Fi.

DannyMc

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with connecting wi-fi hotspot.
activated wifi,im connected with no internet,AT&T cant figure it out.
any suggestions???
Mine just quit working about 6mo ago. AT&T diagnosed and said it’s a Ram problem. Dealer said they would need the truck 1-2 days and it was 5 days out to get an appointment. Then the service writer said try disconnecting the battery. I pulled the negative cable, reconnected after 30 minutes, and…Bingo…the 12.3 unit went through a major reboot. It took about 2-3 hours for everything to update and I had to reset a few settings (Lane Keep Assist settings, radio presets, and a few more. The GOOD NEWS is the hotspot started working and has had no issues since. BONUS…My auto-temp A/c cools better and the outside temp indicator is much more accurate (maybe these two are related). I believe the reboot loaded new firmware with an over the air update.

Maccam

Reaction score
finally got conneted to the wifi,at&t had to do a reboot,then was able to connect
last week had issue that the compass stopped working,took to dealer,tech said couldnt do anything,not available on this vehicle.had it for 2 weeks,befor it went out
called salesman,he never called back,called ramchat,they kept telling me to do this,do that,no help at all,saturday held in
the radio power button,and tuning button at same time,for 10-15 seconds,everything rebooted,and i have a compass again.
maybe i should get a job as a ram tech(ha-ha).

Users who are viewing this thread