5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Two MPG Gauges ?

69Sting

Reaction score
Curious if any here knows why there are two MPG gauges when they both reset when you press O.K.?
I thought each one would be a different 'trip' MPG monitor. So if you were doing a long drive you could figure out each fuel tank as well as overall on the 1,400 mile trip. But every time I reset one the other resets. Hoping it is a 'user' issue and not some silly programming flaw that wasn't caught.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there are two trip meters, A & B you can use as you described. toggle to trip meter then left or right arrow on steering wheel to select.

69Sting

Reaction score
Yep, I figured that out. But when I press OK to reset A then toggle to B, B is reset too. This is MPG screen where it tells your ave MPG and Current MPG with the fuel pump in the middle. I think there is another screen that has just trip info.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No idea, but it isn't exclusive to the RAMs. Every vehicle they've made in recent years has the same 2-screen MPG page setup, with no real clear reason why.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Fuel Economy screens aren't Trip A and Trip B, there are two screens, and the second one simply ads the instant mpg display, the first one does not show it. If you switch to the Trip Meter, you'll find that Trip A and Trip B both keep their own average fuel economy records separate from the Fuel Economy Screen. I think the Trip Screen is #5 in the TFT display (between the gauges), and I think Fuel Economy is #4?

zagsaddict

Reaction score
The Fuel Economy screens aren't Trip A and Trip B, there are two screens, and the second one simply ads the instant mpg display, the first one does not show it. If you switch to the Trip Meter, you'll find that Trip A and Trip B both keep their own average fuel economy records separate from the Fuel Economy Screen. I think the Trip Screen is #5 in the TFT display (between the gauges), and I think Fuel Economy is #4?

Thanks, I had this same question and wasnt making the connection that instant mpg did not show on both displays.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I looked yesterday, and both screens on my truck appear to show the instant fuel economy. I'll have to pay more attention on my commute home tonight.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online