5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no plow? I searched "plow", and nothing......

Flattracker60

Reaction score
Sorry if its been covered, but whats with no plow available for the 1500 Rams?

Called several Boss/Western dealers.....nope, 2012 and older, yes, my 2019...nope.

They tell me has something to do with "electric steering".

Also, I'm just looking for very light duty (little more then my Honda Rancher can handle) snow removal. I own a restaurant with a large (40 cars?) parking lot, and just want to be able to tidy up all the ice chunks people kick off, and maybe a 2" light snowfall. My "plow guy" will handle the big stuff still.

TIA

79 300

Reaction score
Usually a 2500 is recommended for plowing. I have seen a lot of 1500's or SUV's like Ford Broncos wreck the transmissions from plowing. For light duty plowing like you are doing it would probably be OK, but the drivetrain isn't really strong enough for it.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry if its been covered, but whats with no plow available for the 1500 Rams?

Called several Boss/Western dealers.....nope, 2012 and older, yes, my 2019...nope.

They tell me has something to do with "electric steering".

Also, I'm just looking for very light duty (little more then my Honda Rancher can handle) snow removal. I own a restaurant with a large (40 cars?) parking lot, and just want to be able to tidy up all the ice chunks people kick off, and maybe a 2" light snowfall. My "plow guy" will handle the big stuff still.

TIA
I say hand a shovel to a busboy and have him tidy up the lot. You can have your regular service do the 2" stuff for a lot of tines for what you'd tie up in a plow.

Flattracker60

Reaction score
I say hand a shovel to a busboy and have him tidy up the lot. You can have your regular service do the 2" stuff for a lot of tines for what you'd tie up in a plow.

Man you sound like my wife lmao.

No 4 wheeler for me with this big of a lot, especially when its 14 below zero.

I REALLY dont wanna give up the ride of my 1500 ram.

CMENT

Reaction score
Man you sound like my wife lmao.

No 4 wheeler for me with this big of a lot, especially when its 14 below zero.

I REALLY dont wanna give up the ride of my 1500 ram.

Get a beater 3/4 or 1-ton that already has a plow. (On second thought, having a rusting POS sitting in your lot a year may not be the best representation of your restaurant)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread