5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why i buy a"Rebel"when i never off road ever?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
....this is why as i explain that to a dealer.i told him to look behind in the window and what do you see!!!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Damn...I'm glad winter is over. I had to grab a cup of coffee to warm up after watching that video.
You don't need to go off-road to buy a Rebel, and it's no better suited for snow than any other Ram 1500. I owned one and never took it off-road one time in almost three years. The stock A/T tires were not rated for snow, and really only worked OK the first winter when they were new. The second winter was treacherous, and I parked it in favor of my Audi for the rest of the winter. The Laramie I traded it in for has the off-road group which gives me a 1 inch lift. And the stock Falken tires which come with that package are snow rated (3PMSF), unlike the stock Rebel tires. The full-time transfer case on the Laramie lets me keep it in 4wd auto and that saved me a couple of times this last winter. The Rebel looks great, and I certainly didn't feel the need to explain why I bought the one I had even though I didn't go off-road. You shouldn't feel you have to explain anything to the dealer LOL. What are we looking for behind which window?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn...I'm glad winter is over. I had to grab a cup of coffee to warm up after watching that video.
You don't need to go off-road to buy a Rebel, and it's no better suited for snow than any other Ram 1500. I owned one and never took it off-road one time in almost three years. The stock A/T tires were not rated for snow, and really only worked OK the first winter when they were new. The second winter was treacherous, and I parked it in favor of my Audi for the rest of the winter. The Laramie I traded it in for has the off-road group which gives me a 1 inch lift. And the stock Falken tires which come with that package are snow rated (3PMSF), unlike the stock Rebel tires. The full-time transfer case on the Laramie lets me keep it in 4wd auto and that saved me a couple of times this last winter. The Rebel looks great, and I certainly didn't feel the need to explain why I bought the one I had even though I didn't go off-road. You shouldn't feel you have to explain anything to the dealer LOL. What are we looking for behind which window?

hey thank you so much for the kind words (y).i hate looking at that vid to.that is the worst part of NY time of the year.and you are right about those tires.they are not that good.and to bad the rebel doesnt have 4wd auto.my 07 "avalanche Z71"had it.:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread