5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I am Purchasing New

KCViper

Reaction score
Asking and selling are two different things, but ya, crazy used prices these days!!

TravisJ

Reaction score
I always thought I wouldn’t buy new until I was looking at used trucks a few months ago. 2019 Big Horn with 30k miles and 10 months of warranty left was $40k, original MSRP was like $55k. That’s crazy considering how much these trucks are discounted new. I changed my search filter to ‘NEW’ and didn’t look back.

I throughly enjoyed used car prices when I sold my Cherokee though. I bought it only 10 months old with 16k miles two years ago for about $25k, sold it to Carmax for $20k. Almost 60k miles, brakes needed to be replaced, pretty sure struts needed replacement, and gave it some off road abuse. To think Carmax is going to go sell that car for a few grand less than I paid is just insane.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, never bought new before, always bought a few years old with around 20k miles. Was looking at 2019-2020 longhorns with around that mileage and they were all $50-55,000 or up, and I could barely get a dealer to respond or give me numbers, let alone negotiate down. For not much more I was able to order a 21 with Aaron at Mark Dodge and get exactly what I want.

Never thought I would buy new but looking 3-4 years into the future, I'd rather pay a little more now to get a 2 years newer with 20k less miles.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used truck market is strong. In preparation of taking delivery of my TRX, I stopped by the dealer I purchased my 2019 Ram Limited from 2.5 years ago. Back then, I paid $53k for the truck. 40,000 miles later, they bought it back from me for $41k. I was very happy with their offer and let it go on the spot.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to buy new, but ended up with used for various reasons. My original MSRP was $70,675 I bought it for $50k with 25k miles.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Used truck market is strong. In preparation of taking delivery of my TRX, I stopped by the dealer I purchased my 2019 Ram Limited from 2.5 years ago. Back then, I paid $53k for the truck. 40,000 miles later, they bought it back from me for $41k. I was very happy with their offer and let it go on the spot.
Sold mine back to the dealer yesterday for more than I paid. I bought it used Jan 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread