5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why does some 6x9speakers adaptor has a "Top Hole"?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey "Audio Guys"if any one would know would be you "CarAudioGuys".i have a adaptor for my ram.its a 6x9 adaptor for the 6"speaker.i notice a hole toward the top.why do the all have them?does it need to be filled?.i was going to cover it with silicone...

kmj.1

Reaction score
Because some 6x9’s had a tweeter off to the side. It’s been awhile but that what I remember. I wouldn’t plug the hole in the adapter. I’d leave it as is. Manufacturers account for this so it’s not hurting any thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because some 6x9’s had a tweeter off to the side. It’s been awhile but that what I remember. I wouldn’t plug the hole in the adapter. I’d leave it as is. Manufacturers account for this so it’s not hurting any thing.

thanks guy was not sure about thank.anyway this is what it look like after i installed it.i had them in my garage.for about 2yrs decided to use them instead of buying a new 6x9 (y)!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dash speakers"Infinety"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread