5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people despise the "ANC" feature/function so much?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I found the GT exhaust too quiet, I also found it extremely weird that when you gave it gas it was decently loud, but at regular driving speeds completely silent...
It's sure not worth the $3500 or so the GT package costs.
I agree, if you bought a GT for just the exhaust, you are tossing money out the window. For me, I was looking to upgrade from a Big Horn. Wasn't looking for a GT, was actually going to build, and found this one with 99% of what I would have ordered, without the waiting period. The exhaust is obviously tuned to the truck, which takes some getting used to, and I warming up to it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Most likely means one of your windows (including windshield) isn't sealed properly.
That's a thing? I feel like I hear open wind coming from my windshield but I assumed it must be something else.
Maybe this thread should be, why use anc instead of doing QC.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a thing? I feel like I hear open wind coming from my windshield but I assumed it must be something else.
Maybe this thread should be, why use anc instead of doing QC.
The ANC is *usually* going to sound more like a low frequency response, not a wind noise. I have seen quite a few "wind noise" threads and comments where the windshield wasn't sealed correctly, a piece of trim wasn't put on the truck correctly, the windows don't properly close all the way, door doesn't seal correctly, etc.

With my exhaust cutout open the ANC annoys me sometimes, but with it closed this thing is one of the quietest vehicles I've been in besides an EV. Easy to have quiet conversations on the highway, and the radio easily drowns out any wind noise at low volume.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The ANC is *usually* going to sound more like a low frequency response, not a wind noise. I have seen quite a few "wind noise" threads and comments where the windshield wasn't sealed correctly, a piece of trim wasn't put on the truck correctly, the windows don't properly close all the way, door doesn't seal correctly, etc.

With my exhaust cutout open the ANC annoys me sometimes, but with it closed this thing is one of the quietest vehicles I've been in besides an EV. Easy to have quiet conversations on the highway, and the radio easily drowns out any wind noise at low volume.
I must have something not sealed from the factory then, as the winder is louder then my speakers in the truck on medium), my wife has problems hearing me on the phone when i'm on the highway with all the windows closed, she would keep asking if I had a window open.
I also find it weird when I use the windshield washers the passenger window stays dry but the driver window gets a ton of fluid on it from the front.
This is generally as sign that the windshield is not center, but I assumed it was just a Ram thing with poor QC, not an actual problem.

Guess ill need to convince someone to get in it with me and figure out exactly the wind noise is coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread