5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why didn't someone tell me?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you know you can still get a New 5.7l Hemi with a 6spd auto and Column shift?

Turns out you can.

Learn something new everyday.

RBRK

Reaction score
The 8speed is the best thing that ever happened to the Hemi. Everyone likes different things I guess.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 8speed is the best thing that ever happened to the Hemi. Everyone likes different things I guess.
My post is just in jest. I thought it was gone in 2014.

Turns out all this time people where crying about the dial...they could have had the column shift.

Spend some time reading at Allpar.com and you will get my angle

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It is gone... at least in Canada. You can only order the 8 speed.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is gone... at least in Canada. You can only order the 8 speed.
I should have been more clearer. This isnt an argument if if it is available to order. An argument that all along they could have had it. It never left the Hemi as most thought.

So for 2022...you can not order it in the classic in Canada?

Remember...this is 4th Gen discussion and it was for classics built to 2021

stembridge

Reaction score
Having recently migrated from a '15 2500 with 5.7/6-speed and column shift to a '21 Classic with 3.6/8speed and knob, I can state unequivocally that the V6 and 8-speed are a match made in heaven. I hated the driving experience of the 6-speed - shift programming was so bad, I kept it in tow/haul almost all the time.

All that to say, the only thing that would improve my new truck would be to have the column shift instead of the knob… :p I keep reaching for it and grab air instead!

es

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I should have been more clearer. This isnt an argument if if it is available to order. An argument that all along they could have had it. It never left the Hemi as most thought.

So for 2022...you can not order it in the classic in Canada?

Remember...this is 4th Gen discussion and it was for classics built to 2021

Correct, even the classic cannot get the 6 speed:

I'm pretty sure this has been the case all along for the last few years anyway (at least since 5th gens were available). I've looked at factory ordering the classic 2 years ago when I built my truck and I don't remember seeing anything other than 8 speed.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct, even the classic cannot get the 6 speed:

I'm pretty sure this has been the case all along for the last few years anyway (at least since 5th gens were available). I've looked at factory ordering the classic 2 years ago when I built my truck and I don't remember seeing anything other than 8 speed.
It was definitely available for 2019 I got a pic of one shown to me. It is still listed as an option for 2021.

Build and price was what I tried to use as my argument...we lnow how great it is

Users who are viewing this thread