5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did you choose Ram?

Louhound88

Reaction score
I've always been nervous about Dodge/Ram but really liked the way the Ram looks this generation. Now that I have a Ram I've started to really see that the 4th gens also looked good. Been the best vehicle i've ever owned so far. Wish I went with Ram sooner.

Had a 2016 Silverado that looked nice but drove like I was pulling parachutes. Transmission issues, interior squeaks and cheap plastic. Felt like I bought the truck from harbor freight or something.

To me the ram is the best looking, can look mean or clean whichever you prefer. And the sound of the hemi cannot be replicated. It's truly the meanest sounding V8 in a truck.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had 2 Fords, 2 Toyotas, and a Chevy. It was time to hit for the cycle. Besides, IMO, the Ram has by far the nicest interior, and is the best looking of the bunch (although the Chevy Trailboss is a close second on exterior looks). Chevy was such a clusterf*ck with all of their chip-related deletions going on right now, and the interior just doesn’t compare to the Ram. When I found out I could get the Hemi without auto stop/start, that sealed the deal. I took delivery of my Rebel on 4/5/22 and have about 250 miles on it so far. I’ve already replaced the stock muffler with something a little more noticeable. She does seem to be a thirsty little girl, but I’m 100% satisfied so far.

View attachment 125868
Forget the ram, I wanna see that tractor.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1)Interior
Coming from Chevy’s the RAM interiors are a huge improvement. My first Laramie felt like high dollar luxury car in comparison.

2)Hemi
It’s just plain fun to drive and the Hemi is the heart of the truck that makes it all work. Without the Hemi it’s just another truck. Best motor in the business and I’m really going to miss it if it goes away.

The styling is one thing that drew me to RAM’s years ago but to be honest it’s getting to be a bit stale like NASCAR and all trucks are starting to look the same. I honestly like the older RAMS better than the new ones. Hopefully over time I learn to like the 5th Gen more when I finally get mine. I still do think it’s the best available truck right now.

Camelot

Reaction score
It was available in the dealers yard, that was the only reason.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Forget the ram, I wanna see that tractor.
I don’t really have any good pics of it. It’s certainly nothing special. 1997 Kubota B2400 3 cylinder diesel, 4-wheel drive, HST, and bi-speed turn. The bi-speed turn, IMO, was a great option that I don’t believe is offered anymore. It actually speeds up the front differential when in 4-wheel drive and the steering turned past a certain degree. It provides for a very short turning radius. I pull a 6’ Woods finish mower behind it and mow about 7 acres. I also plow snow and grade my 1/8 mile gravel drive with it. Not one single issue with the tractor in 25 years.

6E14ED43-C284-42A3-97A3-AB3C0887180F.jpeg

Robman700

Reaction score
I’ve been a GM guy my whole life but when I was truck shopping during the pandemic I could not order the truck with the options I wanted. I also could not find a Gm/chevy around me that was built here in the good ol USA , that just did not sit right with me ! Looked at the Ram and fell In love with the looks had all the options I wanted and built here in America 🇺🇸! I’m very happy I made the switch. 43827D1D-E628-4832-8524-7FC37F859265.jpeg

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I’ve been a GM guy my whole life but when I was truck shopping during the pandemic I could not order the truck with the options I wanted. I also could not find a Gm/chevy around me that was built here in the good ol USA , that just did not sit right with me ! Looked at the Ram and fell In love with the looks had all the options I wanted and built here in America 🇺🇸! I’m very happy I made the switch. View attachment 130566
Love the pic!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve been a GM guy my whole life but when I was truck shopping during the pandemic I could not order the truck with the options I wanted. I also could not find a Gm/chevy around me that was built here in the good ol USA , that just did not sit right with me ! Looked at the Ram and fell In love with the looks had all the options I wanted and built here in America 🇺🇸! I’m very happy I made the switch. View attachment 130566
Nice truck.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've always been nervous about Dodge/Ram but really liked the way the Ram looks this generation. Now that I have a Ram I've started to really see that the 4th gens also looked good. Been the best vehicle i've ever owned so far. Wish I went with Ram sooner.

Had a 2016 Silverado that looked nice but drove like I was pulling parachutes. Transmission issues, interior squeaks and cheap plastic. Felt like I bought the truck from harbor freight or something.

To me the ram is the best looking, can look mean or clean whichever you prefer. And the sound of the hemi cannot be replicated. It's truly the meanest sounding V8 in a truck.

Felt like I bought the truck from harbor freight or something.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KevinSWPA

Reaction score
I always wanted a truck. I just prefer to get up into something and have a clear view of what's ahead than getting down into something. I always wanted a Ford F-150, mostly because of the "that Dodge will rust" horror stories growing up, and seeing some of it first hand. I never cared for the Dodge Ram styling (now "Classic") and kinda always preferred the F-150 styling. When the new Rams came out, I test drove both the new gen Ram and the F-150. The Ram just seemed to have a much smoother ride, was quieter, and looked cooler.

Yangster

Reaction score
I’ve had 2 Fords, 2 Toyotas, and a Chevy. It was time to hit for the cycle. Besides, IMO, the Ram has by far the nicest interior, and is the best looking of the bunch (although the Chevy Trailboss is a close second on exterior looks). Chevy was such a clusterf*ck with all of their chip-related deletions going on right now, and the interior just doesn’t compare to the Ram. When I found out I could get the Hemi without auto stop/start, that sealed the deal. I took delivery of my Rebel on 4/5/22 and have about 250 miles on it so far. I’ve already replaced the stock muffler with something a little more noticeable. She does seem to be a thirsty little girl, but I’m 100% satisfied so far.

View attachment 125868
WOW, that is one clean garage! Nice looking truck!

Yangster

Reaction score
I get bored and change out every 2 years or so. When I saw and rode in my buddy who sells them, I was impressed. This was in 2020 and the Limited and Longhorn was named Luxury Car of the Year by cars.com. That got me started and the other p/u's were all so shoebox looking. Loved the Ram styling so I started researching, found Mark Dodge, great price and goodbye Lexus RX450h! It's now been a year. Not looking to replace yet. LOL

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have always been a Mopar guy and I had owned a 2006 Mitsubishi Raider V8 (AkA Dakota) *I should have kept that truck, as it was rather rare with a V8* and I had owned a 2014 Ram Crew w/ 3.6.

Then I moved to a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT 5.3 w/ 8sp.......the truck was and is beautiful but the 8sp, rather small rear seat and no rear A/C vents made the truck rather unattractive after a while. Goodness, I hated the GM 8sp.....:sick: I never experienced such poor TCM programming...

Then at the beginning of the Rona, my brother n law really wanted the Sierra, but with so much uncertainty I was very hesitant to sell it, finally, I gave in and sold it to him in July of 2020.

So now the search was on for a truck and inventories are low, so I started looking at all brands, I was almost sold on a GMC AT4 5.3 w/ 10sp, but the dealer would not budge much on the price. I looked at a few Ford 150's, but at the time 21's has not come out and the interiors on the 2020's were rather dated.

So that left Ram, I quickly made a list of must-haves and went to work trying to locate one that had everything I wanted.. I was really looking for a Laramie, but finding one with a Night Package was tough, so I ended up looking at Bighorns and found one I liked.

I did almost order one, but I was without transportation, so I did not have the time to wait 4 months.

So far, I am very happy with my Ram, the interior room and comfort is top-notch, even for a rather basic truck. I am very happy with how it rides and drives. This may be one of my favorite vehicles I have yet to own. Its not perfect, but I can't think of any other truck that I would rather have right now.

Also I knew the HEMI's time will be coming up, so I wanted to have the opportunity to own one before everything goes to small turbos and EV. (I don't have a problem with EV or small turbos, I just prefer the NA V8)

Bob.

Reaction score
With myself, everything is always bought new. Her jeep is problem free, my last 3 Silverado pickups had electrical issues. So I traded the last chevy for the Ram. So far no issues and Ram makes a comfortable truck!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd been dreaming about owning my own truck for about 10 solid yrs but finishing school, starting a career and a family made me put some other dreams on the back burner. Go figure when the pandemic hit I'd finally hit the milestone to buy a truck. My dad has been a Ram guy most of his adult life but I had some reservations about their reliability even though they've had zero major issues through 4 different trucks now. Chevy was off the board almost immediately because the 5.3 I test drove felt like it didn't have any balls. My wife's minivan could've drug that thing through the mud (probably due to gearing but yano lol) and the 5.0 in the Ford felt kind of similar but I really loved the 3.5 Ecoboost in the Ford. I actually went to buy a Ford w/ the 3.5 and they'd actually transfered it to another dealership that day. So I told my wife let's go test drive a Ram just to see what they're about and I instantly fell in love. Decided to pull the trigger because my job seemed pretty secure given world events and I got a nice company discount that translated to about 17-18% off sticker price. I still love my truck. I still drive my little commuter that I've had for almost 10 yrs pretty much everyday but if I want to put a big smile on my face I'll choose to drive the Ram.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
End of an era . . . . . .

20220602_114353.jpg 20220601_162249.jpg

8 years, 3 months, more than 430,000 miles.

It just left on the back of a flatbed. I got $7,750 for it. I almost feel like I am going to get arrested for robbery. Window sticker in February of 2008 was $42,175 and I got $10,000 in discounts and rebates. So I paid about $32,000, put on 430,000 miles, and then got $7,750 for it more than 8 years later. That means it cost me a little over $24,000 during that time. That is less than $3,000 per year. That is damn near free. That truck doesn't owe me a penny. Even if I got only $100 for it after all this time and miles, it wouldn't owe me a penny.

That is why a bought another Ram. Picking up my new Patriot Blue one on Monday.

Last edited:

mffdvr

Reaction score
Last June ('21) I was building F150s and RAMs every day for a month and spying inventory (I knew GMC, Toyota and Chevy were out of the running immediately due to interior fit and finish). Hadn't test driven anything yet, and my daughter and I were out picking up some golf clubs getting re-gripped, and there was a used/brand-new red TRX sitting on the lot at the Acura dealership next door. I did an immediate u-turn just to get out to look at it, as I hadn't seen one in person yet. Lo and behold a sales-lady came out and offered us the keys to test-drive - despite the ludacris $119k used sticker tag on it. Well...that 15 minute drive, pretty much did the trick! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/