5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did RAM eliminate the 3.55 gearing option?

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I read through a lot of the 3.21 vs 3.92 threads here on the forum. Seems like those options are kind of on the extreme ends of the spectrum of gear ratios that would be applicable to a 1500 platform. Why no middle of the road option like 3.55 as offered in 4th gen? Seems there are many folks here who would prefer a more middle of the road option that what is currently offered. Thoughts?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
3.55 is still available on most models. they have eliminated it on limited and I think rebel

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could be, although you might want to look at what the TRX uses

laramie4x4

Reaction score
good question, because nobody actually ordered it, and the manufacture would like one less item in their supply chain & inventory

KCViper

Reaction score
Good question and can only tell you that I just ordered my truck on 1/22 with 5.7 etorque, 3.55 were not available. Only way to get 3.55's in the online configurator was to go with gas V6.

Users who are viewing this thread