5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why aren't there reviews on hands free driving assist?

pinkelman

Reaction score
It seems like there is a relative lack of review videos on the hands free driving on Ram trucks. Is there a reason for this? I wasn't sure if it technically wasn't released yet. As of today when I looked, there is precisely one video of it on YouTube.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Maybe it's so dangerous that no one wants the liability of appearing to support.
GM has commercial after commercial showing their hands free.. I don’t think that’s the case.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems like there is a relative lack of review videos on the hands free driving on Ram trucks. Is there a reason for this? I wasn't sure if it technically wasn't released yet. As of today when I looked, there is precisely one video of it on YouTube.
From TFLT video I saw with a limited review of it, it's not ready yet...
GM has commercial after commercial showing their hands free.. I don’t think that’s the case.
GMs is dialed in and sweet! Stellantis got rid of a bunch of engineers and has plenty of CELs triggering on their newly launched "prime" truck. Not sure if they should rush their hands free LOL.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

GMs is dialed in and sweet! Stellantis got rid of a bunch of engineers and has plenty of CELs triggering on their newly launched "prime" truck. Not sure if they should rush their hands free LOL.
I watched a review when they sent the media trucks to Texas and one of the reviewers was using it in a tungsten and he said it seemed to work fine. Now that doesn’t mean they didn’t go back and work on it some more though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The technology is already in use, and they have built trucks with it. As far as reviews, other than the rest mules they had for media, they only recently stated shipping limiteds, and taking ordered for the Tungsten, which are only trucks with the options AFAIK

lancer-am

Reaction score
A lot of the trucks with this have not been built yet. Alex on Autos did a pretty good video on it and until we see more tungstens hit the road, we won't likely see too many videos about it. Even for the other manufacturers hands free systems, usually the videos we see tend to be owners videos.

Davidbt

Reaction score
I think I'm just to old and old school enough to not trust any kind of hands free driving of any vehicle I'm in.

dajogejr

Reaction score
I think I'm just to old and old school enough to not trust any kind of hands free driving of any vehicle I'm in.
I used to think the same…
My wife’s Grand Cherokee does not have full hands free, but, if you put, literally a finger on the wheel for “pressure” it will keep you centered in the lane.

4 hour drive up north, about half of it I used this in conjunction with ACC, I gotta tell you… it changed my mind.
It did a really, really nice job of keeping it in the center, even at some rather sharp 75MPH sweeping curves on the expressway.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What's great about hands free driving is you can totally trust it and take a nap

Users who are viewing this thread