5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are so many Ram trucks parked at Gibraltar Trade Center

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Found this in my email when I returned to work. Along with news coal lpa dings are rebounding and that the Railroad is looking for people for the railcar repair and building programs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/808814002

Everyone is trying to get on board with the economic upswing and the railrpads are at recoRd car loadings, unfortunately a few years back there auto hauling business took a downfall and they haven't quite recovered...hope this adds to my overtime portfolio and the railroads start to become consumer focused again soon instead of theit latest investor focused attitude.

My rant for the day.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I thought about posting with that thread, but this one kinda hit more on the Rail side of it. I see lots of people angry at Ram, their dealership, etc. But the truth is the railroads cut costs a few man years back, gauged their route and picked intermodal and now coal and auto is rebounding and they are still worried about operating ratio for investors than getting cusomers stuff where it needs to go.

A particular railroad keeps trying to prove their decision to shut down a large railcar producing facility made sense, but every once in awhile they let slip how they could use it...sorry, a rant of mine that continues to go here quite often.

And the trucking companies are hurting just as bad...they get equipment they can't get drivers, they get drivers they can't keep up with equipment...great horrible times we are in lol

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I drove by our rail yard the other day. About 100 car hauler cars sitting there empty. Hope they going to SHAP ;)

Users who are viewing this thread