5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's To Blame? (Truxedo Tonneau Cover Problem)

Gardner

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused, are we talking the seal between the tailgate and the rear face of the box?

I bought and installed an American tonneau fabric cover for my Bighorn and it came with an adhesive tailgate dust seal.
I noticed right away that when installing the seal as per a Youtube video, the seal did make contact with the tailgate.
My solution was to install the seal, by sitting in the box, with the tailgate closed, making sure the seal touched the tailgate.
It worked perfectly.
Note however-there will always be a leak sometime, someplace.

Rhernandez577

Reaction score
Not the best pic, but all I have at the moment. Installed about 6 months ago, no issues so far. Keeps 99% of the rain out and for the price it cannot be beaten. It can be set just about level with the top of the bed rails, I have it installed up a bit for more clearance in the bed.

I pulled the trigger on the ProZ. Received my tracking and found that it was dropped shipped from Truxedo. Truxedo must have bought out all of ProZ's inventory or something...

Users who are viewing this thread