5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's removed their grille?

jws350

Reaction score
did change out your headlights? If so, where did you get them?
I did change the headlights as well as the rear taillights. I purchased them from The Retroshop. The taillights are plug and play. I also purchased H11 cool white LED bulbs for the fog lamps. They match the headlights perfectly.

jws350

Reaction score
I've seen that video but he only shows whats going on after the fact. I was hoping to find one of the actual process. I'm trying to release the clips holding onto the corner fascia pieces but I'm afraid to break something.

I did the following to remove the fascia pieces.

I used an interior trim tool to separate the fascia from the fender by sliding it between them and lightly pushed the fascia downward to separate from the fender .
At the same time, I took the palm of my hand and lightly pushed the fascia from the inside, straight out and the clips released with out damage
I then pulled the fascia outwards 90 degrees as if it was on a hinge at the grill . I did not attempt to release the fascia from the grill.
This exposes the the three bolts holding the grille in place and I removed the grille with the fascias attached.
At this point the fascia can be disconnected from the grill with no damage.
Let me know if you need more info.

JIm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread