5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Thinks these would look good on a rebel?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely! They have the right finish and a nice low profile. Good choice.

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Would like to see pictures if you go with them

jamesfg

Reaction score
My .02. I got the Nfab ones and now that I'm really using 'em to get in and out since the 6" lift was installed I'm noticing my footwear is hitting the lower rocker panel. Keep that in mind when your buying these.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
My .02. I got the Nfab ones and now that I'm really using 'em to get in and out since the 6" lift was installed I'm noticing my footwear is hitting the lower rocker panel. Keep that in mind when your buying these.

I did read a review where someone said these steps are too close to the body, so even though they are 6 inch step, you really get to use about 3.5 inches of the step. Are you referring to something similar?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After having amp power steps on my last truck with a 4-1/2" lift I could never go back to a fixed running board, Amps just put the board in the perfect spot for getting in and out of the vehicle especially when they're lifted and fold away almost completely out of site. And the engineering and quality is truly top notch. Helps save wear and tear on your seats as well, you don't have to do the butt slide getting in and out breaking down the foam on the outside seat bolster. Just my 2 cents

jamesfg

Reaction score
I did read a review where someone said these steps are too close to the body, so even though they are 6 inch step, you really get to use about 3.5 inches of the step. Are you referring to something similar?
Nope we're on the same page.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
After having amp power steps on my last truck with a 4-1/2" lift I could never go back to a fixed running board, Amps just put the board in the perfect spot for getting in and out of the vehicle especially when they're lifted and fold away almost completely out of site. And the engineering and quality is truly top notch. Helps save wear and tear on your seats as well, you don't have to do the butt slide getting in and out breaking down the foam on the outside seat bolster. Just my 2 cents

if they made them for the 19's that would be an option.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Ordered from my buddy who got me the lift. $1070 is cost on 'em. Use that figure to negotiate.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered from my buddy who got me the lift. $1070 is cost on 'em. Use that figure to negotiate.
$1070 very nice, I found a display set for my last truck never installed on a truck just one side was mounted on the wall in a showroom electrical was never connected, picked them up for 900. not likely I'll find a deal like that on a set for my Ram anytime soon.

jamesfg

Reaction score
how easy will install be?
For the AMP ones? I've installed 2 sets on the 2500 and Tundra. Based on being under my truck, you'd mount the bases to the studs under the truck, mount the board to the area then hook up motor. Run wire from motor to OBD2 port and repeat for pass side except youd hook the wire into and existing wire from the driver side. Prob 3 hours total.

Users who are viewing this thread