5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who still has the passenger tires that came on their truck still on ?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has swapped wheels but has kept the factory tires on them.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still have *everything* factory!
I have a list - always changing and evolving..... once the weather gets better, I'll start tackling steps, cover, wheels, etc...

PorBoy

Reaction score
Will you be sticking with the factory tires and different wheels ?

PorBoy

Reaction score
Yes I did that with (2) sets of oem wheels, swapping the tires out really changed the look. :)

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I still have the crap OEM rubber. They started getting hard around 4k miles...I am nearing 13k...going to upgrade soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ram4141

Reaction score
Just swapped my factory tires to Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Kept OEM size though.

silver billet

Reaction score
I'm probably the odd guy out, but I've been very happy with my factory 18 tires (rubber, not the rims). They are quiet, work well in the melting hot summer, and work amazingly well in the winter for being an all season. My truck with these tires is quieter and smoother and better performing in the snow than my Jeep GC was with dedicated michelin winter tires. I could never keep that Jeep straight on the road, had 3 different tire sets on it (factory, Cooper AT3's, and Michelin winters).

I see no reason to upgrade them at this point (17,000 KM), and once I swap out the rims to something a little bigger the first tires on my list will be these again (just at a different rim size of course).

Scram1500

Reaction score
I still have the crap OEM rubber. They started getting hard around 4k miles...I am nearing 13k...going to upgrade soon.

Are they the Bridgestones? Mine feel like they are shaped like eggs. Can't wait for some fresh rubber, on the fence about rims. Have the stock 18", but some of the newer painted 20" look pretty nice

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Are they the Bridgestones? Mine feel like they are shaped like eggs. Can't wait for some fresh rubber, on the fence about rims. Have the stock 18", but some of the newer painted 20" look pretty nice

Nexen

They roll fine,they just have no traction. Slight acceleration on asphalt and the dash lights up and I lose power....

Last edited:

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
The Bridgestones that came stock on my 20’s have been great. I would consider mounting them on a different wheel if they made a larger size I wanted.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the nexen roadians and they sucked for traction. If pavement was wet at all they would slip. Got new wheels at 4K miles

Users who are viewing this thread