5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who powers RAM CONNECT in UC5?

U

User_3336

So, who powers the connected services in a 2023 with UC5? AT&T handles the hotspot. But who manages the services like door unlock, remote start?

Someone said it WAS NOT Sirius Guardian any longer... So who is the provider?

this is the current website.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So, who powers the connected services in a 2023 with UC5? AT&T handles the hotspot. But who manages the services like door unlock, remote start?

Someone said it WAS NOT Sirius Guardian any longer... So who is the provider?

this is the current website.

it says right at the bottom
if you are on a phone find a computer

"
Logo

*All vehicles properly equipped to receive connected services come with a 3-month trial of Assistance Package or Assistance + Navigation Package (if equipped), 5 years of Vehicle Performance Package, 10 years of Safety and Security Package effective from the date of purchase or lease of a new vehicle. Enrollment in a trial is required to receive services. Upon expiration of trial period, purchase of a subscription is required to continue or renew services. Services are available on equipped vehicles purchased within the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Services can only be used where cellular coverage is available Review the applicable Terms of Service for complete terms and conditions, including service limitations.

©2023 FCA US LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Wagoneer, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.
ALFA ROMEO and FIAT are registered trademarks of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used with permission.

FCA US LLC strives to ensure that its website is accessible to individuals with disabilities. Should you encounter an issue accessing any content on www.ramtrucks.com, please email our Ram Customer Care or call 1-866-726-4636, for further assistance or to report a problem. Access to https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ram/ is subject to FCA US LLC’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use."

U

User_3336

it says right at the bottom
if you are on a phone find a computer

"
Logo

*All vehicles properly equipped to receive connected services come with a 3-month trial of Assistance Package or Assistance + Navigation Package (if equipped), 5 years of Vehicle Performance Package, 10 years of Safety and Security Package effective from the date of purchase or lease of a new vehicle. Enrollment in a trial is required to receive services. Upon expiration of trial period, purchase of a subscription is required to continue or renew services. Services are available on equipped vehicles purchased within the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Services can only be used where cellular coverage is available Review the applicable Terms of Service for complete terms and conditions, including service limitations.

©2023 FCA US LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Wagoneer, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.
ALFA ROMEO and FIAT are registered trademarks of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used with permission.

FCA US LLC strives to ensure that its website is accessible to individuals with disabilities. Should you encounter an issue accessing any content on www.ramtrucks.com, please email our Ram Customer Care or call 1-866-726-4636, for further assistance or to report a problem. Access to https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ram/ is subject to FCA US LLC’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use."
That's a lot of cut and paste.

That really doesn't answer the question. Are you saying that FCA powers the connected services?

I wasn't asking about the duration of the connected services.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's a lot of cut and paste.

That really doesn't answer the question. Are you saying that FCA powers the connected services?

I wasn't asking about the duration of the connected services.
There's a almost 0% chance they do.
Just hit the button up top to call someone and ask who answers.

U

User_3336

There's a almost 0% chance they do.
Just hit the button up top to call someone and ask who answers.
The "agreements" just refer to a "third party provider". Something tells me its still Siruis, because the interface the Nissan uses looks almost identical to the RAM site/app.
No biggie, but just curious. I'm going to hit the button and see who answers.

John Galt

Reaction score
Same login as the 2022s FYI.
could be like alarm.com providing backend and infrastructure for security system resellers…..a lot of them are alarm.com under the covers even through they all ave different logins, different applications, different apps…..etc.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
could be like alarm.com providing backend and infrastructure for security system resellers…..a lot of them are alarm.com under the covers even through they all ave different logins, different applications, different apps…..etc.
Same thing as the maps.
This is the map download website for UC5

It's actually Tomtom's maps and the website is not owned. operated, or controlled by Ram.
Navshop.com also provides the maps for Nissan and a bunch of other car makes from Tomtom

I am pretty sure this is still Sirius Guardian despite them stripping the name for what looks like an attempted re-branding likely done to attempt to take more internal ownership instead of looking like it's outsourcing things.
The website itself is still owned by Ram, but it likely just uses the API or sends all the info to Sirius.

U

User_3336

Same login as the 2022s FYI.
Yeah, it sure is. No indication Sirius Guardian runs it anymore though. (However, I would say they do, its just covering it up on the front end).

Nissan Connect for 23's are still run by Sirius Guardian (its in the fine print).

66Fuelie

Reaction score
When I had map update problems I was working with tomtom on some help. Somewhere in the conversation they told me that Stellantis handles the uconnect system now. I said you mean Sirius? They said not anymore.
This is on my 2023 UC5.
Tom

logboom

Reaction score
Why does it have to be so bloody mysterious?
I let my trial on Uconnect and the phone app run out. I have 2 more months of the Sirius trial before it runs out. Then I'll decide what I want to get.
Since I use Android Auto for mapping and TIDAL ( most of the time) for music , I can save $$ and headaches.
I read here that a lot of users of the TomTom based mapping have issues that would drive me nuts, so by not using it or thereby not needing to update it I can bypass major league heartburn.
Also, I was curious what the other manufacturers charge for their subscription based apps and all are in the same ballpark. GM makes it mandatory for 3 years on some of their stuff and adds it on when you sign on the dotted line.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why does it have to be so bloody mysterious?
I let my trial on Uconnect and the phone app run out. I have 2 more months of the Sirius trial before it runs out. Then I'll decide what I want to get.
Since I use Android Auto for mapping and TIDAL ( most of the time) for music , I can save $$ and headaches.
I read here that a lot of users of the TomTom based mapping have issues that would drive me nuts, so by not using it or thereby not needing to update it I can bypass major league heartburn.
Also, I was curious what the other manufacturers charge for their subscription based apps and all are in the same ballpark. GM makes it mandatory for 3 years on some of their stuff and adds it on when you sign on the dotted line.
Not sure what problems you have. The Tom Tom maps are on 2022 and above. There are free map updates you download and install yourself which is more then we can say for the actual firmware for UC5.
If you are having problems make a thread and people will try and help you.

logboom

Reaction score
Not sure what problems you have. The Tom Tom maps are on 2022 and above. There are free map updates you download and install yourself which is more then we can say for the actual firmware for UC5.
If you are having problems make a thread and people will try and help you.
Thank you!
I'm not too tech savy, and I have always believed that keeping things simple ( which is a challenge) suits me. But, I'll learn as I go and I am very impressed by the level of expertise in this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread