5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who parks in the Garage?

Grimey

Reaction score
Mine also barely fits. I use a lazer pointer mounted to the garage wall that I line a spot on my dashboard up with (the Harmon Kardon name plate on the center speaker).
597e403645e678315d3e6df556397d30.jpg

Techguy2000

Reaction score
My short bed crew cab fits with about 2in to spare in the front and back. I have the tennis ball but I realized it wasnt perfect every time.

The best way to get within an inch every time was to turn on the rear camera and drive in, and when I see the little step up to the garage appear, then I'm in. Small price to pay to avoid texas heat, hail and dirt.

njt07

Reaction score
My short bed crew cab fits with about 2in to spare in the front and back. I have the tennis ball but I realized it wasnt perfect every time.

The best way to get within an inch every time was to turn on the rear camera and drive in, and when I see the little step up to the garage appear, then I'm in. Small price to pay to avoid texas heat, hail and dirt.
This, this is the reason I have to be able to park inside. I also hear that if you park inside the ram boxes wont warp as much.

270wsmhunter

Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky, I have a 2019 Bighorn Crew Cab with 6'4" box and I have 18" behind it and 4' in front of it in our 3 stall garage, home was built in 1996 so decent sized for that year. Next pickup will be a 3500 crew long bed for retirement.

Br549

Reaction score
Mine fits fine. Since I have a work bench it is a little tighter. Like mentioned above I use the rear camera until I see a certain point in my garage.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ime close to making my decision on which truck to buy, but am stuck on one last thing.
what is the actual length of a 2020\2021 1500 Limited? My garage is 233” from the back wall to the front lip of the garage leaving about 1.5” buffer space. Id probably be safe in saying this is a standard length of a garage right?

Ive found lengths from 232.9“ to 241.8″ through Google for the Limited 1500.
19' is the length of a crew cab with 5.7" bed.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I have a 3 car oversized garage and I park mine on the single door side, which is shorter than the double door. It measures 21 ft from door to front wall and I have 11 inches space up front and 9 inches in the back. I use my parking sensors to tell me when to stop before I hit the wall. Works perfect everytime.

Rupp

Reaction score
Not a chance in getting mine in. Garage was simply built too small. I tired once. Front license plate on the wall back tail gate lip will not clear by 1". Oh well time to get a good cover.

Nibis

Reaction score
No problem with mine, garage is 24' deep with a 2' work bench along the back wall 20200413_082146.jpg 20200413_122544.jpg

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crew cab 5'7" box here.. It fits with literally 1 inch to spare in the rear and 2 inches in the front. I use a tennis ball and I pull in SLOWLY.

njt07

Reaction score
Well I got my Ram! I had test driven a limted and test parked it and i have about 1.5” to spare per end lol.

i have a laser larking set, or should I just use pool noodles and stop when they start to bend?

U

User_3336

I have about 2 foot in the front clearance, and about 1 foot from the bumper to the garage door.
I have to exit on the driver side. I've put the truck in the garage so much, I know exactly where to stop, and how to dodge the stairs on the passenger side.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need a garage first of all. But it would still have to wait,

for me to finish the Airplane I am building first.

Malodave

Techguy2000

Reaction score
Well I got my Ram! I had test driven a limted and test parked it and i have about 1.5” to spare per end lol.

i have a laser larking set, or should I just use pool noodles and stop when they start to bend?
I have this exact situation and pool noodles cut in half and or squishy floor mats/camping mats on the front wall would be smart.

Then I have found it most consistent when I turn on the rear camera and creep in the garage until I see a sliver of the step up into the garage, has worked 100% of the time for me, but the first 20 or 30 times I stood and watched the clearance to get a feel for it. You'll get to the point where you glance at the front clearance and know the rear is ok when you hit the button to close it.

Users who are viewing this thread