5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who noticed the base price MSRP on the 4x4 Limited increased $250?

OldCheyenne

Reaction score
Looking to buy a 4x4 Limited and noticed dealer had a black one in stock and an identical red one in transit. The one in transit is now in and the window sticker base MSRP is 250.00 higher than the one that was already at the dealer. Interesting that the VIN numbers are only 1 digit off. One has a base MSRP of 59,900 and the one that just arrived has a base MSRP of 60,150. Was a price increase announced that I missed?

moparleo51

Reaction score
probably due to covid-19. the semi conductor shortage. my guess.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I saw the same thing happen at the end of 2019 when I was shopping for my 2020 Laramie. That was before covid (BC? LOL).

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happens more often than you think. And Ram doesn't really draw attention to the price increases (or decreases, yes sometimes prices of options/packages do go down) that happen during a model year. Typically they're relatively small amounts...a couple hundred dollars or so.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
The Rebel has had two recently. I inquired on a dealer lot 2021 with a MSRP of $48,820 about 8 weeks ago. At the time the website still showed this number as well. Ended up placing a custom order and the build sheet showed an MSRP of $49,270. The truck was delivered last week and the MSRP on the window sticker again changed to $49,620. That’s a $800 base increase in a very short time. $49,620 is not updated on the website, however any Rebel delivered in the last couple weeks shows that as the MSRP. This makes me think supply is going to continue to be short for some time and your going to have to pay to play.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And this goes without saying, but if you've ordered a truck, and the price increases during the time you're waiting for it to be built/delivered, the dealer should honor the lower price at the time of order.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The price when I ordered my truck on 1/20 and when my windowsticker came out the price went up $350. As @SCasey89 stated, the dealer should still honor the price when you ordered it (Mine will as I questioned them about the MSRP change).

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$300 Difference in Bed Length FYI, it will never appear on the window sticker though for 1500's; have to view it for yourself to figure it out; or look at the build sheet/equipment list.

KCViper

Reaction score
When I ordered my Laramie on 1/22, the order price was $450 higher than the website and trucks on the lot. Price increases are a constant I guess!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread