5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is jumping on the 24s for the Hemi? Who is looking forward to the Hurricane? Will the Hemi return in next year or two?

Get the last of the Hemi, new Hurricane or wait for the Hemi comeback?

• Get the last of the Hemi

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Get the Hurricane

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • The Hemi will return in a year or two

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Debating on jumping on a 24 to get the last of the Hemi, but my truck still have some miles left.

Sorta like the slightly newer look of the 25s, but a fan of turbo engines as I tend to keep vehicles a looooooong time.

My truck could last another year or two so if the Hemi makes a comeback in another year or two, it would be perfect timing.

Anyone else debating this or jumping on the 24s to get the last of the V8s.

dcchris311

Reaction score
I originally wanted a 24MY Limited but decided on the 25MY once I learned that they'll be available 1st quarter of 2024. I'm looking forward to my Tungsten and that lovely I6 with twin hair dryers!!! I originally wanted the 2025 Limited but I wanted that Klipsch 1200watt sound system.

mrclortho

Reaction score
Stats are stats on the new engine and they are impressive, but getting the first generation of an engine...no thanks.

That being said, nothing sounds like a big V8 with exhaust. I would expect the new engine to do well, but it won't sound like a hemi or feel like one (see Ford's eco-boost 6 cyl). I pull a 7,500lbs trailer at 70 mph with 35" tires with the 3.21 gears with the Hemi and it does it somewhat easily. Not to say the new engine would do better or worse, but I am really happy with the Hemi's abilities to do truck stuff. This is the latest gen Hemi and as good as it is going to get this last year.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Stats are stats on the new engine and they are impressive, but getting the first generation of an engine...no thanks.

That being said, nothing sounds like a big V8 with exhaust. I would expect the new engine to do well, but it won't sound like a hemi or feel like one (see Ford's eco-boost 6 cyl). I pull a 7,500lbs trailer at 70 mph with 35" tires with the 3.21 gears with the Hemi and it does it somewhat easily. Not to say the new engine would do better or worse, but I am really happy with the Hemi's abilities to do truck stuff. This is the latest gen Hemi and as good as it is going to get this last year.

Not 1st gen, Wagoneer has the I6 now. Only thing stopping me from a 25 with the hurricane is the 4x4 requirement and ram boxes

BowDown

Reaction score
Interesting, theirs a 1500 HP version of the Hurricane engine

U

User_3336

No turbocharging. Seen the issues with them, and look what a journey the F150 Ecoboost has been on.
Direct injection is bad enough, but turbocharged AND DI? No thanks! I'll hold on to my Hemi!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I won't be jumping, not a fan of turbos. Had 1 bad experience with a turbo and that unfortunately turned me off them for life. Personally I feel the Hemi will return in a few years, it's two big of a cash cow for stellenis to give up. If it's all about Cafe requirements there engineer for a few years to work there way around it.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

ChrisID

Reaction score
I live in two places, '20 laramie, '21 limited, both v8-only (no e), long beds.
I don't like the e-thing (my choice). I generally replace 4-5 yrs, so my '20 will be due end of 24 or early 25, and I've yet to decide on the SO or HO hurricane. I drove a SO in a Wagoneer and it was very comparable and on the plus side to the hemi. power wise. Good timing for me to see how these do for a little while. I think Ram will lose a decent percent of sales with no hemi, but not to me.

Dewey

Reaction score
Thankfully I won’t be looking for a new truck for at least 2-3 more years so I’ll see how things shake out by then. I retired recently and putting on about 1/3 of the miles I did previously so might even be longer.

Doubt we’ll see another V8 option in the near future since they have so much invested in the Hurricane but a guy can only hope Ford and Chevy who are still commited to V8’s will push Ram to do something. They will lose a lot of sales no doubt if they don’t offer a V8 anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread