5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here is looking forward to the Hurricane?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Traction limitation when boost kicks in and not knowing how to lift the foot off the pedal. Brake stalling to get turbos spooking before launch. You can't just mash the throttle and expect good results. But that goes for the Hemi as well
4Hi and traction control solves most of those issues. 🤯

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
4Hi and traction control solves most of those issues. 🤯
I would never leave traction control in if I am trying to race anyone. It kills power if it senses even a little wheel spin.

And not all trucks are 4wd

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Traction limitation when boost kicks in and not knowing how to lift the foot off the pedal. Brake stalling to get turbos spooking before launch. You can't just mash the throttle and expect good results. But that goes for the Hemi as well

I think it's reasonable to assume Ram will not get rid of the torque management they have had since they started using them Hemi and I'm not talking about traction control. A Hemi Ram has more than enough hp and torque to smoke the tires for a significant distance and get you sideways but the computer manages torque output to preserve driveline components and it results in significantly reduced loss of traction on dry pavement.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with this disagreement. I think HSKR R/T makes valid points.
Perhaps you are sensing that you are on the wrong side of the argument?
This is just bench racing. It will be settled in due time at the strip. Would you be willing to wager?
I'd bet that HSKR R/T would...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks for your valuable contribution. Perhaps you're not familiar with the term I used...

Lev·i·ty
/ˈlevədē/
noun
  • 1. humor or frivolity, especially the treatment of a serious matter with humor or in a manner lacking due respect.

Users who are viewing this thread