5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the borla atak exhsust?

trithumb

Reaction score
Looking into getting one of the borla exhaust options when my truck comes in. Videos online vs in person are always way different. Those of you who have the Atak installed, what are your thoughts? Is it too loud?

jameslavis

Reaction score
i do. just did it on my 2020. i watched every video i could find as i have a young kid and didn’t want to hurt their ears. i knew the cold start was loud but couldn’t get consistent on interior noise.

this exhaust is incredible. i would not go lower. there is zero drone inside. if you launch the gas you’ll hear it but is dead silent at cruise. my wife hates drone and loves this.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check out Hammerdown Motor Sport on you tube . He has a Borla Atak on his 2019 Rebel and he gives a review of it in one of his videos .

trithumb

Reaction score
Thanks all, that video and info was helpful. I was on the fence and didn't need much encouragement lol. This pushed me over to the atak side. Now to make sure the 2020 fits the 21 and order it before the the delivery. Gonna install it before I get it home so the wife thinks its the stock exhaust lol.

trithumb

Reaction score
FYI, Borla is saying they dont have a confirmation on their exhausts working on the 2021 yet or if they need a new set up for the 2021s.

813Hemi

Reaction score
Have had it on for at least a year and it sounds as great as the first day. No drone, you will forget it is even there until you get on it.

trithumb

Reaction score
I love it so far. The driver side keeps dropping a little bit. i gotta get under there and really tighten it down. I was worried about over torqueing the bolt

trithumb

Reaction score
Have had it on for at least a year and it sounds as great as the first day. No drone, you will forget it is even there until you get on it.
Quick question. is the one pipe coming off the muffler super close to the bump stop mount? When I get on the gas sometimes I hear a weird trumpet like sound but its really intermittent. Not sure if it is that pipe vibrating against the bump stop mount. It is like an 8th inch away.

KauaiYoshi

Reaction score
I did the exact same as Jameslavis posted, I love the exhaust sound. Cold start ups are awesome and I love the tone of the exhaust.
A lot of my friends say "damn it's so loud", but after hearing it on the truck they all agree it's the right sound for the hemi.
I was hesitant at first with my purchase thinking it might be too loud especially with our 2 yr old, but I don't regret my purchase one bit after having it now for 6 months.

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Cheaped out a little bit and just did the muffler swap out with the borla atak muffler and removed the rear resonators. I like the sound of it for sure and get compliments. Cold starts and accelerating you definitely here it!

AJeep99

Reaction score
Quick question. is the one pipe coming off the muffler super close to the bump stop mount? When I get on the gas sometimes I hear a weird trumpet like sound but its really intermittent. Not sure if it is that pipe vibrating against the bump stop mount. It is like an 8th inch away.
I installed my Borla S-Type about a month ago and I'm having the same intermittent "trumpet" sound when "getting into it" on the throttle as you describe. The passenger side exhaust is about 3/8" away from the bump stop under my truck. I've also thought this may be the culprit but after doing a few tests, it does not appear to be rubbing. I did a Google search but the only thing that really popped up was some Mustang owners were reporting something similar on their forums but they are attributing it to be the result of the frequencies produced from engine and exhaust combo. I've had an aftermarket exhaust on just about every vehicle I have ever owned and this is a first for me.

Users who are viewing this thread