5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who else ordered a GT?

RaminTX

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie GT, but after months of no VIN i ended up finding a Canadian Sport GT on a lot near me. Maybe it's a Canada thing, but unless I were to get the night package then you got the regular 20" wheels. Only the night package came with the 22" wheels that all the promotional GT pictures have. It was confirmed by my dealership when i placed my original order that the 22" rims are not part of the GT package.

So far I really like the truck. One current problem I have is it seems that the factory did not install the correct exhaust on the truck. It looks like I have 1 resenator from the "cold end exhaust" and the muffler and the other resenator from the stock exhaust. currently working with the dealership on this problem.
How did you find out about this problem? I saw a YouTube video of a salesman with two identical non GT Laramie trucks ordered the same except for exterior color, one of the trucks had the GT exhaust installed at the factory by mistake. Quality Control is almost non existent, my truck came with bad orange peel paint and a medium sized dent under the front passenger door handle. I’m sure it came from the factory like this. Looks like something was overtightened or it was stamped that way. Hell it may just be someone leaned on it too hard. Not sure what I’m gonna do about it yet.
I was also surprised that only one cup holder door insert came with the truck, my 2019 Laramie had them on both front doors.

jgmac98

Reaction score
How did you find out about this problem? I saw a YouTube video of a salesman with two identical non GT Laramie trucks ordered the same except for exterior color, one of the trucks had the GT exhaust installed at the factory by mistake. Quality Control is almost non existent, my truck came with bad orange peel paint and a medium sized dent under the front passenger door handle. I’m sure it came from the factory like this. Looks like something was overtightened or it was stamped that way. Hell it may just be someone leaned on it too hard. Not sure what I’m gonna do about it yet.
I was also surprised that only one cup holder door insert came with the truck, my 2019 Laramie had them on both front doors.
Honestly right from when i picked it up I didn't think it sounded like the review videos. It does sound slightly different than a non-GT exhaust, but with all the online reviewers "loving" the sound, i felt it was really lacking. I initially chalked it up to over-hype and recording/playback equipment causing it to sound louder. After a while I started a post asking for someone to send me pictures of their GT exhaust system, turns out the "stock" and GT system look almost identical (it's not the MOPAR Catback system). In my post, someone linked to another ("Rebel GT Exhaust question") were there is someone else that had the same thought of it not being like the videos. In that thread someone else posted the part numbers, so when i crawled under the truck looking for part numbers, sure enough, i've got the Stock Muffler, 1 Stock Resonator and 1 GT Resonator. The Sales Manager thinks that is why I do get a slightly different sound than stock, but nowhere near the volume of the GT system. They just took the notes and are contacting RAM Canada today, so not sure what the outcome will be. Sales Manager agrees that my exhaust does not sound like other GT's on the lot.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Honestly right from when i picked it up I didn't think it sounded like the review videos. It does sound slightly different than a non-GT exhaust, but with all the online reviewers "loving" the sound, i felt it was really lacking. I initially chalked it up to over-hype and recording/playback equipment causing it to sound louder. After a while I started a post asking for someone to send me pictures of their GT exhaust system, turns out the "stock" and GT system look almost identical (it's not the MOPAR Catback system). In my post, someone linked to another ("Rebel GT Exhaust question") were there is someone else that had the same thought of it not being like the videos. In that thread someone else posted the part numbers, so when i crawled under the truck looking for part numbers, sure enough, i've got the Stock Muffler, 1 Stock Resonator and 1 GT Resonator. The Sales Manager thinks that is why I do get a slightly different sound than stock, but nowhere near the volume of the GT system. They just took the notes and are contacting RAM Canada today, so not sure what the outcome will be. Sales Manager agrees that my exhaust does not sound like other GT's on the lot.
I can assure you that if you had a GT exhaust you would not be questioning if it’s the correct one, there is no mistaking the sound it makes. Sorry to hear that you got the raw end of some incompetent workers. I’m sure ram will fix that kind of mistake, all the have to due is put on the correct one. Good luck!!

RaminTX

Reaction score
Do you happen to have those part numbers available? Where are they located on the resonators?
Hope you get that resolved soon.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Do you happen to have those part numbers available? Where are they located on the resonators?
Hope you get that resolved soon.

Post numbers 203-205 have the details you're asking for. this is the post that myself and another guy are having similar problems (wrong exhaust).

Users who are viewing this thread