5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who buys upgrades before their truck arrives?!

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
This thread makes me laugh...it hits close to home. My wife said my truck was expensive...because the costs keep coming!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This thread makes me laugh...it hits close to home. My wife said my truck was expensive...because the costs keep coming!
Tell her it is not your fault as you have a case of "Ram Moditis". Explain to her the cost of the cure (extensive therapy) is more expensive than the infliction. It will subside and may stop but for some there is no cure. Some do move on but it is usually do to a substitution and are not actually cured.

November 24th will be 3 years with my Ram and just dropped $214.58 (shp, tx included) for tow hooks and bezels. RamsAreUs had a nice 4th of July sale.

God Damn the Pusher Man

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had my Borla exhaust ordered before I took delivery, and several smaller interior cosmetic pieces.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've already got a "XL Dog Hammock" and some Husky Floormats and will probably get a tonneau cover before the truck arrives--if I can decide on which one.

That's about it, but we've just finished "accessorizing" a new travel trailer.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
First thing I did the morning after bringing it home from DFW was to go to my favorite local shop and ordered the BAKFlip MX4 and some WeatherTech In-Channel Rain Guards - they'll be here Thursday, so I guess I didn't exactly have them waiting on me... but I'd planned on those things from the first minutes after I decided to get the truck.

FWIW - I had the AVS tape-on shades and they dulled out, cracked, and even one shattered in the West Texas sun after only a year or so - hopefully, these are better.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
The only thing I bought before the truck arrived was a tonneau cover. I had planned to leave the truck itself stock… that didn’t last long.

brenan00

Reaction score
Hellwig 7709, Tazer DT, and BlueDriver.
Thinking about a Banks pedal monster for fun but I think I will wait. The challenge for the big mods, like suspension and exhaust is shipping to Hawaii. This was crazy, I was looking at a set of front end leveling links for $54 shipping was $199 and the are big or heavy, they could be easily be put in a USPS flat rate box for eight bucks. Cadillac oops Ram problems, living were it is 85 in the summer and 80 in the winter.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First thing I did the morning after bringing it home from DFW was to go to my favorite local shop and ordered the BAKFlip MX4 and some WeatherTech In-Channel Rain Guards - they'll be here Thursday, so I guess I didn't exactly have them waiting on me... but I'd planned on those things from the first minutes after I decided to get the truck.

FWIW - I had the AVS tape-on shades and they dulled out, cracked, and even one shattered in the West Texas sun after only a year or so - hopefully, these are better.
I'm looking at both the BakFlip and the WT Rain guards. Let us know how you like them. I started out wanting to get the BakFlip but then started seeing complaints about quality control and it not even fitting the bed.

FLArebel

Reaction score
Husky Liners X-Act Contour mats sitting in the garage & currently shopping a tonneau & Borla exhaust
The mats that come with the rebel are really nice. I had Huskies on my last truck and decided to stick with the off road mats that came with my rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread