5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White letters or not?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m about to install a new set of rims and my Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts have the white lettering on the inside (hidden) part of the tire. I have the choice to have them reversed but I’m torn... what’s the consensus in having white lettering exposed or not? My truck is Patriot Blue with the blacked out decals.
Thx

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To me it depends on the look of the rest of the truck. I’ve always been a fan of the white lettering out. My current truck came with the ORP so I have the Falken Wild Peaks with the lettering out. It’s really up to you.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To me it depends on the look of the rest of the truck. I’ve always been a fan of the white lettering out. My current truck came with the ORP so I have the Falken Wild Peaks with the lettering out. It’s really up to you.

Thanks Finn, I’m kind of a fan of it too as I think it tends to make a sportier look. Just not sure how it will look with the blacked out look of the truck.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Finn, I’m kind of a fan of it too as I think it tends to make a sportier look. Just not sure how it will look with the blacked out look of the truck.

Actually it might look good because you have a dark color with dark accents so the white on the tires might actually break that up a little

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
black out for your look of truck. I feel the white out adds a bit of ”bling” to the appearance. 42A89E0D-90C2-4B62-945B-F86F0084B36C.jpeg

Last edited:

Bcryan

Reaction score
Leave them white out. If you don’t like them there are plenty of ways to black them out after

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A black truck with white lettering on the tires is sharp. My 4th gen in Brilliant Black with white letters turned a lot of heads, total nightmare to keep clean though

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I must be in the minority, and I don't want to offend anyone, but often something looks best when it is in the correct style for the period. So if you have a 57's belaire, white walls look great and white letters look "off". If you have a 90's Chevy z-24 then white letters look great and white walls look "off". In my opinion, a 2020 truck with whitewalls looks "off". But again, just my opinion.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whitewalls, agree with you Silver Billet. White letters, I think looks pretty good on a dark truck. Getting mine swapped out as we speak, I’ll post pics shortly.

Sherran

Reaction score
My goal is to have EVERYTHING dark or black on my truck but the white lettering gives it a nice pop.

79 300

Reaction score
My truck (Bighorn black appearance package) which I ordered came in with blackwalls. I had the dealer switch them to white letters before I took delivery. I agree with everyone who says they make it pop.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
FYI
A little trick I learned is to hit the white letters with some fine sandpaper to bring back the bright white underneath.

Still not sure if I'm a fan of BSW or OWL on my billet silver .

Users who are viewing this thread