5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Letter or Blackwall??

Dankey73

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread. I am having new Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT tires installed tomorrow. Can’t decide on the white letters, in or out. I also plan on blacking out the machine finish on the rebel wheels with the vinyl overlays from TVD Vinyl. I stood the new Coopers up beside the truck for a visual. The solid white letters may be a bit too NASCAR-ish. IMG_0447.jpeg IMG_0448.jpeg

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All black. I liked my OWLs but I have the Pirellis Blackwalls out since I hade OWLs for almost 3 years.

I agree the white is too NASCAR on that particular truck. Black looks better imo.

Davidbt

Reaction score
I resemble that comment 😂. Made a game time decision to go with white letters in. Picking it up later today.
I'm planning on going with those tires in September. My Big Horn is white and I think that the black out looks better.

Spritle

Reaction score
I gotta go w/blackwall out. I can't see white letters out on that truck. However, I have been wrong before.

Dankey73

Reaction score
I went with the blackwalls out, and I installed the TVD Vinyl inlays on the wheels. Really happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpeg
    IMG_0476.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 35

RebelDallas

Reaction score
I went with the blackwalls out, and I installed the TVD Vinyl inlays on the wheels. Really happy with how it turned out.
My duratrec are pushing 45k miles now and I’m thinking Coopers as well. Any difference with mpg? They look like they would be better from the pictures

Dankey73

Reaction score
My duratrec are pushing 45k miles now and I’m thinking Coopers as well. Any difference with mpg? They look like they would be better from the pictures
Hard to tell yet, only have a few hundred KMs on them, it’s definitely no worse. Much quieter than the Duratracs.

Users who are viewing this thread