5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whistling sound from dashboard.

bocco

Reaction score
Sometimes when I shut my truck off and sit in it for a moment, I hear a whistling sound that gradually fades away. Is that just vacuum, bleeding off? Or do I have a leak?

Thanks

Amazing93

Reaction score
I don't have a whistle sound. I'd guess it's a vacuum leak. Hard to tell without hearing it though.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes when I shut my truck off and sit in it for a moment, I hear a whistling sound that gradually fades away. Is that just vacuum, bleeding off? Or do I have a leak?

Thanks
Does it only happen when you use the air conditioning?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks
TXV valve, have had that whistling since new, does not effect the AC performance so decided to leave it be.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Thanks
Andy Griffith theme song still on the play list?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Mine does the whistle mostly after I turn off the engine after running with AC on. I have done nothing about it.

Users who are viewing this thread