5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whistle hum sound when turning off truck

mike90

Reaction score
Anyone else ever hear a whistle and or hum sound after turning off your truck? The sound seems to happen about 5 to 10 seconds after the truck is off and pretty sure I only notice it if the A/C had been on before the truck gets turned off. Sounds like a valve or something is closing or rotating. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flynfish

Reaction score
I hear that but usually when I am outside the truck. I think it’s automatic rear brakes being turned on? At least that is the only thing I could think of… curious if someone knows for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mike90

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, I think I can hear this from both inside and outside. Mainly coming from the front of the truck

KY2021Laramie

Reaction score
I have the same thing! Almost like a whistle or a whining. Not sure what it is. Usually only hear it when it’s hot outside.

834k3r

Reaction score
There's a hum (fan noise) when I start the truck once the A/C starts going. I've not investigated it, but I'm pretty sure it's a fan to help with the A/C system.

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
I have it too. Lasts for about 5-6 secs after shutdown. Whistling (more like squeel). Maybe rad fan spinning down? I haven't looked into yet.

Users who are viewing this thread