5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whipple SC and fiberglass hood

DLB_Ram

Reaction score
Hi Ram members

Probably should have posted in the new members forums about 7 months ago to introduce myself but better late than never. I acquired my first Ram 1500 limited in Feb and have already started knowing with some accessories like the 22 inch wheels and bed extender. Now I’m taking it a bit further with a Whipple SC/ Magnaflow exhaust and have just ordered a fiberglass Ram performance replica hood made by Amerihood. I am certain about the Whipple and the Magna flow but I’m unsure about the fiberglass hood. I’ve read good reviews but thought I would see what everyone on this forum had to say. Whipple should be completed in about a week and I’ll make sure to post pictures and upload a video. Thoughts everyone?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Ram members

Probably should have posted in the new members forums about 7 months ago to introduce myself but better late than never. I acquired my first Ram 1500 limited in Feb and have already started knowing with some accessories like the 22 inch wheels and bed extender. Now I’m taking it a bit further with a Whipple SC/ Magnaflow exhaust and have just ordered a fiberglass Ram performance replica hood made by Amerihood. I am certain about the Whipple and the Magna flow but I’m unsure about the fiberglass hood. I’ve read good reviews but thought I would see what everyone on this forum had to say. Whipple should be completed in about a week and I’ll make sure to post pictures and upload a video. Thoughts everyone?
Can't wait to see pics, dyno graphs, and/or ETs :)

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I’m looking forward to your update.
Hi Ram members

What does the hood look like?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Ram members

I don't have any experience with those hoods; but they do look good. I'm really here just to stay updated on the Whipple install and results.

DLB_Ram

Reaction score
They have started removing the Manifold and installing the lower pieces. I took a picture of the engine bay and forgot to take a pic of the whole truck. So I have an pic of the truck before it went to the shop.

Attachments

• 65AD7F5A-C9D5-46A1-BC2E-A0C76D509653.jpeg
    65AD7F5A-C9D5-46A1-BC2E-A0C76D509653.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 485
  • E4E4950C-37CF-4724-BA17-4FCBA501D11A.jpeg
    E4E4950C-37CF-4724-BA17-4FCBA501D11A.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 481

whmoyers3

Reaction score
I’ve been tempted to get the rebel hood for my limited but now I’m curious what that one will look like. Can’t wait to see your results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at that hood myself. It does have a functional scoop and looks sweet.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking into a roots style as well .. PM me what kit you got so I can compare to my notes :) ? ? :)

Lize

Reaction score
Brilliant, can't wait for your results.
Think the hood looks great, might be better with OEM 1500 badges on side rather than those circled in red on the photo though.

Lize

Reaction score
Was just reading thread about Mopar Ram Air and noticed a link to low down concept with almost identical hood:

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score
Nice !!!! I had a whipple sc 2015 tahoe putting out 710 hp built from Mad Industries for Sema !!! Can't wait to see this if it gets done !

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Very interested from an outsider looking in sort of view! I can’t fathom doing this to my motor just yet... but you never know about the future. :D

Can I be cheeky and ask a rough ballpark price for the whole Whipple/installation procedure? I don’t want to ask for exact numbers... but a rough guide would be awesome. :D

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The one I looked at was roughly US $10k .. I also looked at the Procharger which was less than US $8k.
I'm waiting for the OP to lemme know what he got so I can look into that one .. My local parts department isn't able to get the Hellcat version to keep the rig under warranty :(

Users who are viewing this thread