5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whipple for Ford SD..is there a Ram version of this?

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i'm guessing that there are not too many people interested in 700 plus Hp in their trucks!!!!

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get a Procharger for the 5.7 in our trucks. I beleive that @NDanecker has a roots style blower on his truck. The truck is still relatively new and because FCA insists on locking the PCM we dont get as much support as say Ford does from the aftermarket performance crowd.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get a Procharger for the 5.7 in our trucks. I beleive that @NDanecker has a roots style blower on his truck. The truck is still relatively new and because FCA insists on locking the PCM we dont get as much support as say Ford does from the aftermarket performance crowd.
In my research you either have to buy a new PCM and send it to the company for programming or they include one with the blower/super charger

NDanecker

Reaction score
My ECM / PCM was sent out to HP Tuners for unlock. Took a few days for them to process and return. Not an issue if you have a 2nd vehicle. However, I am having an issue in that the ECM locks up every 30 or 40 minutes (gives a NO BUS error) which shuts the truck down on the highway (motor stalls). Was told there is an issue with the boot loader HP Tuners is using with the 2019+ Rams. As of this writing I do not have an update or fix from them. Good thing my commute is < 20 mins so its just a hassle on long trips.

Users who are viewing this thread