5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whipped up my own front skid plate.

DSN46

Reaction score
Since RAM didn't think it was important, I just made my own front skid plate out of some 1/8'th inch steel plate I had left over from another project. Not enough for rock crawling, but will easily keep branches, sticks and other debris out of my drive belts and hoses. I didn't like having my engine so exposed! IMG_8169.JPG IMG_8170.JPG

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since RAM didn't think it was important, I just made my own front skid plate out of some 1/8'th inch steel plate I had left over from another project. Not enough for rock crawling, but will easily keep branches, sticks and other debris out of my drive belts and hoses. I didn't like having my engine so exposed! View attachment 75817 View attachment 75818
Awesome! I was thinking about doing the same for mine but wasn't really sure how to bolt it on. Would be nice since I don't have the off road package. Think I'd rather have yours over the factory ones lol!

DSN46

Reaction score
Wait...it's a 2020 Rebel and it didn't come with a skid plate????
It comes with skid plates for the front differential, the steering assembly and the fuel tank. FCA left out the one for the big-*** hole in the front where things could poke up into the front of the engine... oh yeah.. they also left out one for the plastic transmission pan. Go figure. It is really easy to fabricate. Just get a piece of cardboard and cut it to size and shape you want. Then buy a piece of steel plate in whatever thickness you desire (1/8'th inch is plenty thick unless rock crawling) and cut out your pattern. Drill holes for bolting. I put a 9 degree bend toward the bottom edge so that it lays flat on the cross member, but you could get by without doing that. Clean everything up with a flap disk. Paint it and install. :)

Users who are viewing this thread