5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whining/whistling noise from 2020 RAM Limited etorque engine

mnryan

Reaction score
I purchased my 2020 RAM Limited back in July. Since then I have had a whining/whistling noise from under the hood when accelerating. It sounds like an air leak or similar to a turbo engine. I had my truck into the dealer for the last couple weeks dealing with a loud clunking noise (unrelated). When I dropped it off, I brought up the issue of the noise I was hearing. The service manager Dave at Walser Bloomington Chrysler Jeep has been great to work with. He heard it right away and agreed it didn't sound right. He test drove some other new RAMs with the same engine and could hear the noise, but not as loud as mine. He decided to order a new etorque starter to see if this fixed the issue. When the suspension tech was working on the clunk noise, he actually brought it up to Dave about the strange whining/whistling noise as well. Definitely not a good sound. I just got it back today, and the clunk noise so far has been taken care of, but the whining noise after having a new etorque installed is still there, and in my opinion still just as noticeable. I don’t know where to go from here. Has anyone else had this same issue?

Ppkaprince98

Reaction score
Mine 2020 etorque has a whistle turbo type sound as the engine increases in rpm also, i only hear it now and then and its only like 1st and 2nd gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think its the generator, the noise is similar to alternator whine. I only here it at idle or under 1000 rpm. Doesn't bother me

Users who are viewing this thread