5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whining Noise 2020 Ram 1500 Hemi

janno_napster

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if some of you guys experiencing the issues i have… i currently own 2020 Ram 1500 Hemi engine and at 33k km im experiencing a whining noise from 1800 to 2000rpm while accelerating and pass 2000rpm no whining…My local dealer already replaced alternator, idler pulley and tensioner pulley… so far they havent changed the AC compressor and serpentine belt…funny thing the cheapest to replace was the serpentine belt ryt?lol…but any ways im still waiting for a call back from my dealer what will be the next step… and today went for a drive and just for fun i switch my 4wd auto… then instantly the issue is gone only if in 4wd auto…but on 2 wheel the whining noise is still there.. and its quite consistent only at 1800 to 2000rpm… is it possibly just the serpentine belt since they havent changed the belt? Im just curious coz mybe when the 4wd auto is on there's a possibility that the engine more underload?
Regards

jan

Ellenihoward

Reaction score
Jan did you ever figure out this issue? I am experiencing a similar whirring noise issue at 1800 rpm. The only difference is this seems to occur when the truck is decelerating or just barely accelerating. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Reaction score
Jan did you ever figure out this issue? I am experiencing a similar whirring noise issue at 1800 rpm. The only difference is this seems to occur when the truck is decelerating or just barely accelerating. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
I have a limited with 73k miles, and after the dealership replaced cylinders 2 and 4, I have that noise. It's so annoying. I think they tensioned the belt too much, and now it's causing the noise. It might also be the alteration. I have a Mopar warranty, so it's all covered, but not sure what to tell them

liq001

Reaction score
Could you please upldate a video recording? I guess I have the same noise.

Users who are viewing this thread