5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whine from my e-torque

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I have a 5.7 Hemi with E-torque. I’ve had the truck about 1.5yrs and other than the exhaust rumble it’s very quiet.
Starting a week or 2 ago I have a whine that sounds like an idling super charger kinda. It is rpm based meaning as I get on the gas it increases, but doesn’t always exist.

Popping the hood, I believe the noise is coming from the e-torque charger, or whatever it’s called.

I have 50k on the truck currently.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe others have posted about this. Could be a bad idler or bearings. You should be able to find the other post if you do a search.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Cool, you should be as silent about it as you say it is for you. Nobody cares you don’t have etorque
I think just as many people care that I don't have E-tourque as the guy that is whining about the whiney E-tourque.

Whine on little doggie! 🤣

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
Dropped my truck off at the dealer this morning and the tech heard the noices. Parts were ordered. 3-4 more weeks….

When I first posted originally I searched and found out about a 8yr 80k hybrid warranty and what was covered. I can’t find that now.
Anybody have a link for me?

Scram1500

Reaction score
My truck has a terrible whine, sounds like it could be coming from the passenger front. Seems to only happen when my wife is in the truck. Now that think about it, it's the same noise the house makes

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Dropped my truck off at the dealer this morning and the tech heard the noices. Parts were ordered. 3-4 more weeks….

When I first posted originally I searched and found out about a 8yr 80k hybrid warranty and what was covered. I can’t find that now.
Anybody have a link for me?

Did they say if it was the e-torque? Or was it something else?

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
Did they say if it was the e-torque? Or was it something else?
The parts that the dealer is ordering is the “alternator and belt assemblies “.

IMG_1349.jpeg

Could somebody please circle where the alternator is located and the etorque as well. From looking around online. The alternator is located on the passenger side, under the intake tube. The noice is coming from the big silver metal thing to the right of the intake tube I front of the engine.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
The parts that the dealer is ordering is the “alternator and belt assemblies “.

Could somebody please circle where the alternator is located and the etorque as well. From looking around online. The alternator is located on the passenger side, under the intake tube. The noice is coming from the big silver metal thing to the right of the intake tube I front of the engine.

The etorque is the alternator on those trucks. You'll hear a lot of confusion when they order the parts. Some will tell you "alternator" some will say "start stop generator." The reality is the etorque is both the alternator and start stop generator.

In short, your etorque is getting getting replaced. Mine was replaced as well.

Users who are viewing this thread